You Guys and Gals are Great!!!

Unregistered

You Guys and Gals are Great!!!

Hello Pembroke Pines Officers.

I am a 30 year resident of the Rainbow Lakes section of Pembroke Pines. Over the years I have met quite a few officers and you all have been very approachable, polite and helpful.

Lately in my community I have seen a rise in people just seemingly wandering around aimlessly at all hours of the night. It never used to be like that and I used to know just about everyone but not anymore. The family down the road had their truck broken into and another had their lawnmower stolen. I love my home and I would hate to have to move but I am afraid that I will be the victim of some sort of crime.

We need you guys more than ever now so please continue patrolling our neighborhoods in your usual diligent manner.

Grace Kellum

Unregistered
    Hello, Grace.

Thank you for your continued support of the PPPD. Unfortunately, your neighborhood is going through what many other neighborhoods are going through and it has to do with the fact that Pines is growing faster than the police department can keep up with. We are losing many officers to retirement and don't have enough qualified applicants to fill those depleting numbers. Also keep in mind that 30 years ago, Pines was much smaller and had little to no calls for service. Now, the department gets calls for everything from thefts to robberies, shots fired, assaults, etc. so we are now in more of a reactive manner than a proactive manner. I would highly recommend that you call the police if you see suspicious persons, lock your doors, don't leave your car unlocked with your keys inside, and just be vigilant. Thank you again and be safe!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, Grace.

Thank you for your continued support of the PPPD. Unfortunately, your neighborhood is going through what many other neighborhoods are going through and it has to do with the fact that Pines is growing faster than the police department can keep up with. We are losing many officers to retirement and don't have enough qualified applicants to fill those depleting numbers. Also keep in mind that 30 years ago, Pines was much smaller and had little to no calls for service. Now, the department gets calls for everything from thefts to robberies, shots fired, assaults, etc. so we are now in more of a reactive manner than a proactive manner. I would highly recommend that you call the police if you see suspicious persons, lock your doors, don't leave your car unlocked with your keys inside, and just be vigilant. Thank you again and be safe!
    Spoken by a true administrator's way of thinking in Pines anymore. Lots of smoke screens, diversions and answers that never leave you satisfied that you may have gotten your point across.

As a grunt that has actually worked patrol in this city for quite a long time Grace, I can tell you that the people that claim to run this agency actually do more harm than good. They honestly believe they're doing the right thing, but never ask for input from those that have to actually implement their beliefs, on real calls. I'm sure you're probably asking yourself "why" Grace, and the answer is kinda simple. Once the promotion process is started (starting at Sergeant) most start to separate themselves from police work. As they move further up the ranks, they become more and more distant from the job itself and even their long time friends. They become so isolated that we're half heartedly referred to as "kids" or "troops" instead of fellow Officers. They refuse to gather our input because they despise negative feedback that may make their changes and beliefs look ineffective.

I could talk your ear off for a week Grace of the problems that need to be fixed, starting at the very top of this agency. It's people like you that can get that ball rolling since they could care less about our voice or opinions. In the meanwhile, I will drive through your neighborhood in between all my mandatory special watches and any other idiotic crap they tie me up with.

Take care Grace

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spoken by a true administrator's way of thinking in Pines anymore. Lots of smoke screens, diversions and answers that never leave you satisfied that you may have gotten your point across.

As a grunt that has actually worked patrol in this city for quite a long time Grace, I can tell you that the people that claim to run this agency actually do more harm than good. They honestly believe they're doing the right thing, but never ask for input from those that have to actually implement their beliefs, on real calls. I'm sure you're probably asking yourself "why" Grace, and the answer is kinda simple. Once the promotion process is started (starting at Sergeant) most start to separate themselves from police work. As they move further up the ranks, they become more and more distant from the job itself and even their long time friends. They become so isolated that we're half heartedly referred to as "kids" or "troops" instead of fellow Officers. They refuse to gather our input because they despise negative feedback that may make their changes and beliefs look ineffective.

I could talk your ear off for a week Grace of the problems that need to be fixed, starting at the very top of this agency. It's people like you that can get that ball rolling since they could care less about our voice or opinions. In the meanwhile, I will drive through your neighborhood in between all my mandatory special watches and any other idiotic crap they tie me up with.

Take care Grace
    So, how are those routine patrols through Grace's neighborhood going , like you promised?? Yeah, I bet you haven't had time to do those since you are experiencing high-call volume due to the road being short and Pines growing at an exponential rate, like I had mentioned in my previous post. I am a road officer like you and never promoted because I don't do politics. My facts were spoken as a true observer of what is happening to our city and our PD. Nothing was sugar coated and Grace deserved to hear the real reasons why she does not see the police like she once did.

Unregistered
    First and third responses were responsible and reasonable. The second responder sounds like a little *****. He should do the rest of Pines a favor and move to another department. Disgruntled asshole.

P.S. to the 2nd guy (gal)... find the effing tow truck that's stealing all the cars. It can't be that hard.

Unregistered
    I can obviously see that there's at least 2 "cool-aid" drinkers ("suck asses" in lay terms) that still follow this site.

As Susan Powder use to say, "Stop the madness".

You guys need to realize that it's always the same circus with different clowns in law enforcement. We promote based on testing abilities instead of merit, awards are handed out to those that produce numbers but could care less about Officer safety, and everyone vying for that promotion or coosh assignment throws down their "card" for the upper hand.

I once had a passion for this profession until it was destroyed by $#!tty changes in policies, crappy State Attorney's and higher ups that lacked any experience in this line of work.