Productive member of society - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does FHP constantly ignore motorists committing felonies and fleeing while slamming law abiding citizens? I mean honestly what good are you people doing? All of you drive like maniacs and endanger the public with your triple digit speeds without emergency equipment activated. It's unacceptable! I have video of a trooper pulling out in heavy morning traffic on I4 while a motorcycle sped up zing zagged and disappeared from sight. And the dumbass pulls over a single motorist after declining to enforce the law. And you wonder why no one respects this agency. You guys aren't the state police, FDLE is, stop acting like it! Especially when your too timid to enforce felony traffic offenses unless it means you don't have to go looking for it yourselves. Say whatever BS you want to defend this, but you all know its true and are completely miserable! Florida's finest huh? Lmao. Your only function is traffic! Your AAA with a gun and you cannot even get that right! You guys want respect, earn it and stop bullying law abiding citizens! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Writing multiple BS tickets per stop is uncalled for just so you can kiss ass. And no I'm not a victim of your BS! I'm simply tired of this never changing agency with new faces consistently. 4th most populated state and this is the example you set. Despicable!
    I’m confused... who said we want your respect? You can keep crying... as long as when you get stopped you act like a good little boy... that’s a good boy

Unregistered
    I'd say when a motorcycle see's a state trooper speeding up at over 100mph, yes I'd say speeding out of sight and zig zagging on an interstate is a felony! Fleeing and eluding, dumbass!
    Not fleeing until the LEO activates lights and sirens. FHP Policy can't pursue for that anyways, dumbass.

(2) Any person who willfully flees or attempts to elude a law enforcement officer in an authorized law enforcement patrol vehicle, with agency insignia and other jurisdictional markings prominently displayed on the vehicle, with siren and lights activated commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Unregistered
    Not fleeing until the LEO activates lights and sirens. FHP Policy can't pursue for that anyways, dumbass.

(2) Any person who willfully flees or attempts to elude a law enforcement officer in an authorized law enforcement patrol vehicle, with agency insignia and other jurisdictional markings prominently displayed on the vehicle, with siren and lights activated commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    That's news to me on FHP not being able to chase. I'm not disagreeing or anything. I'm out of the loop these days. Just curious, has it been like that for weeks or months or a few years?

Unregistered
    That's news to me on FHP not being able to chase. I'm not disagreeing or anything. I'm out of the loop these days. Just curious, has it been like that for weeks or months or a few years?
    Several years. A forcible felony is required to pursue a motorcycle.

Unregistered
    Several years. A forcible felony is required to pursue a motorcycle.
    Ohh. I thought we were talking about all vehicles. I was thinking...y'all can't chase a freaking pickup truck now? That's like a greyhound dog chasing a turtle but being told to stop running after it.

Unregistered
    OP you can put your video on streamable anonymously and post the link here. No sign up. Just upload the video and get a link.

Unregistered
    There can be a felon wanted on murder charges that is feeling the sheriffs office and you can be right down the road. As soon as FHP attempts to join in and pursue, a supervisor will tell us to 10-66 (cancel). FHP used to not have to deal with this mess years and years ago, but Tallahassee has our hands tied. So speak to them about your displeasure. Not us. We’re just trying to provide for our families.

Unregistered
    There can be a felon wanted on murder charges that is feeling the sheriffs office and you can be right down the road. As soon as FHP attempts to join in and pursue, a supervisor will tell us to 10-66 (cancel). FHP used to not have to deal with this mess years and years ago, but Tallahassee has our hands tied. So speak to them about your displeasure. Not us. We’re just trying to provide for our families.
    We should be canceled for most pursuits.
    It’s usually something stupid anyway.

Pursuits shouldn’t be automatically authorized to continue just because it’s a felony or it meets the minimum policy requirements.

A lot of troopers don’t have enough sense to get out of the rain, let alone make critical life or death, high speed decisions.

Let you pride go for a minute and see that the juice needs to be worth the squeeze.

Unregistered
    We should be canceled for most pursuits.
    It’s usually something stupid anyway.

Pursuits shouldn’t be automatically authorized to continue just because it’s a felony or it meets the minimum policy requirements.

A lot of troopers don’t have enough sense to get out of the rain, let alone make critical life or death, high speed decisions.

Let you pride go for a minute and see that the juice needs to be worth the squeeze.
    Well said !!!

This is 2018, not a rerun of CHIPS. Lawyers outnumber human beings by 3 to 1. Everyone is suing for anything and heaven forbid a minority dies withing a mile of an LEO there will be lawsuits, riots, cops thrown in prison, GoFund me pages and T-shirts on sale. If you want excitement, work is not the place. If you keep your melon screwed on straight and think about the bigger picture, you might just retire someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12