Active shooter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooter

Unregistered

Active shooter

Whats new in training. Not issued shields. Not issued helmets. Not issued rifles. Not issued armor vests. Yet you will charge in with your 9mm and kill the bad guy with a rifle that will penetrate your vest easily. They have money for everything around here except for whats important. Despite the smoke and mirrors our kids are no safer. Do we still have programs excusing children of criminal and bad behavior. Yes. Do we put off dealing with these correctable young children until they become killers. Yes. Don't worry we hired another colonel. This place sucks. How about this, what if when your in-service during the start and end of the school day you go to the school nearest your zone and stay for an hour or until you get a call. How about huge numbers on school buildings so there is no confusion about where the shooter is. Makes too much sense to be implemented. Tons of brass but no ideas. I haven't seen one person above the rank of lieutenant at any of the schools in my area. Nice going guys too busy jockeying for position to kiss the bosses ring to come see our school security for yourselves. Sorry to any captains that showed up. They should remove all SRO's and hire private security. You would get three for one. They can't do worse.

Do you have any ideas. When it happens again lets be ready and at least have the tools to do the job. Oh, I forgot there's no money.

Unregistered
    Raise your kids to be something besides cops.

Unregistered
    You’re right about no money for what’s important.

How about this, we get some of those dolphins trained by the navy to kill terrorists. We set up swimming pools at each entrance to every school the kids will have to wade through 3 foot deep water with a special bracelet that transmits a safety code to the pontificating porpoises. Anyone without the safety code will be immediately harpooned by flipper.

It will be a win win because the schools will be safe and we will finally have some dolphins who can actually accomplish something and be patriotic at the same time.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You’re right about no money for what’s important.

How about this, we get some of those dolphins trained by the navy to kill terrorists. We set up swimming pools at each entrance to every school the kids will have to wade through 3 foot deep water with a special bracelet that transmits a safety code to the pontificating porpoises. Anyone without the safety code will be immediately harpooned by flipper.

It will be a win win because the schools will be safe and we will finally have some dolphins who can actually accomplish something and be patriotic at the same time.
    Makes more sense than sending cops to a rifle fight armed with a pistol and soft armor. That’s ridiculous and irresponsible as hell. I heard all the pompano deputies carry plate armor and rifles. They didn’t wait for bso to get it they did it for themselves. They probably realize they need it, but really we all need it, as was demonstrated in Parkland.

Unregistered
    Why is it so hard for these politicians to do the right thing. Why is it so hard to get these deputies a decent raise and get them the equipment they need to keep them safe. I guess it’s more important to send the county a hundred million dollars while charging deputies for health insurance. It’s more important to hire all this useless brass most of which do absolutely nothing for the rank and file. It’s really epidemic and sad.

Unregistered
    I say we use the dolphin players and all Deputies that do the details as shields.
    I think that’s something to consider

Unregistered
    Whats new in training. Not issued shields. Not issued helmets. Not issued rifles. Not issued armor vests. Yet you will charge in with your 9mm and kill the bad guy with a rifle that will penetrate your vest easily. They have money for everything around here except for whats important. Despite the smoke and mirrors our kids are no safer. Do we still have programs excusing children of criminal and bad behavior. Yes. Do we put off dealing with these correctable young children until they become killers. Yes. Don't worry we hired another colonel. This place sucks. How about this, what if when your in-service during the start and end of the school day you go to the school nearest your zone and stay for an hour or until you get a call. How about huge numbers on school buildings so there is no confusion about where the shooter is. Makes too much sense to be implemented. Tons of brass but no ideas. I haven't seen one person above the rank of lieutenant at any of the schools in my area. Nice going guys too busy jockeying for position to kiss the bosses ring to come see our school security for yourselves. Sorry to any captains that showed up. They should remove all SRO's and hire private security. You would get three for one. They can't do worse.

Do you have any ideas. When it happens again lets be ready and at least have the tools to do the job. Oh, I forgot there's no money.
    Correction needed......you're

Unregistered
    How about do your job and shut the hell up?

Unregistered
    Makes more sense than sending cops to a rifle fight armed with a pistol and soft armor. That’s ridiculous and irresponsible as hell. I heard all the pompano deputies carry plate armor and rifles. They didn’t wait for bso to get it they did it for themselves. They probably realize they need it, but really we all need it, as was demonstrated in Parkland.
    They used to wear it all the time until a swat operator got butt hurt he wasn’t the only cool guy in town and ran to the Col about it. All the Dep’s have to keep it in their cars now

Unregistered
    Why is it so hard for these politicians to do the right thing. Why is it so hard to get these deputies a decent raise and get them the equipment they need to keep them safe. I guess it’s more important to send the county a hundred million dollars while charging deputies for health insurance. It’s more important to hire all this useless brass most of which do absolutely nothing for the rank and file. It’s really epidemic and sad.
    Decent raise? When they see top 50 crap with people making over 200k. Lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast