Looking for a contractor

Unregistered

Looking for a contractor

We are moving to Tampa for the september hold over class and are purchasing a new home. We want a kitchen remodel and would like to use an LEO friendly company. Does anyone have any companies they have used before and trust? Or anyone own one on the side? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    You may want to make it though the program first.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may want to make it though the program first.
    Is the program that difficult?

Unregistered
    Is the program that difficult?
    Don’t listen to this guy. If you are coming from another agency, military, or have even half a brain you will make it through the program, you just gotta keep your mouth shut, keep a good attitude, soak in as much as you can, and do the best that you can and you will be fine.

I can’t remember the last time someone actually got fired from the program, a few here and there quit just because they shouldn’t have been hired in the first place and they come to the realization that they don’t belong in this line of work. Some of the kids that have made in through are quite sad actually, so if you need any motivation to make it through just look around and find the most fat, baby faced, apparently useless officer that has recently made it through and think to yourself, if they made it through the program then so can you.

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to this guy. If you are coming from another agency, military, or have even half a brain you will make it through the program, you just gotta keep your mouth shut, keep a good attitude, soak in as much as you can, and do the best that you can and you will be fine.

I can’t remember the last time someone actually got fired from the program, a few here and there quit just because they shouldn’t have been hired in the first place and they come to the realization that they don’t belong in this line of work. Some of the kids that have made in through are quite sad actually, so if you need any motivation to make it through just look around and find the most fat, baby faced, apparently useless officer that has recently made it through and think to yourself, if they made it through the program then so can you.
    Yep don't listen to me.

To the OP, here is the problem.

You move here and buy a home, start the new remodel as you start with TPD. You may be a true superstar who will have no issue with the FTO program, but here is what happens.

You are in Holdover and doing some D.T drills and you get injured. Over the last few years, we have had several Officers get injured in the Holdover program. Two of the recent ones had prior experience. They sat out on light duty until they were able to come back, one of them was out for several months.

Now luckily no one has had to do a medical retirement due to an injury in Holdover but it could happen and we are due.

So now you are injured to the point you will not be able to have a career with TPD, you will sit behind a desk pushing paper until you case works it's way through the Workers Comp and the Pension system.

So a year or so after you have started, you are out of here getting paid 65% of the step you came in at. You still have the brand new home and the new kitchen.

Unregistered
    Yep don't listen to me.

To the OP, here is the problem.

You move here and buy a home, start the new remodel as you start with TPD. You may be a true superstar who will have no issue with the FTO program, but here is what happens.

You are in Holdover and doing some D.T drills and you get injured. Over the last few years, we have had several Officers get injured in the Holdover program. Two of the recent ones had prior experience. They sat out on light duty until they were able to come back, one of them was out for several months.

Now luckily no one has had to do a medical retirement due to an injury in Holdover but it could happen and we are due.

So now you are injured to the point you will not be able to have a career with TPD, you will sit behind a desk pushing paper until you case works it's way through the Workers Comp and the Pension system.

So a year or so after you have started, you are out of here getting paid 65% of the step you came in at. You still have the brand new home and the new kitchen.
    Ok ok, listen to him, he makes a good point about injury, although it’s extremely rare to get retired over an injury while in holdover it is safe to think in this way. Hold off big ticket purchases until you are at least out of phase 4 and eligible to work a little two man off duty here and there.

Unregistered
    If i get injured i will still own my home and need a contractor. I understand your points but am financially in a safe place to make this decision.

Still looking for a contractor referral.