Guess how many have been fired,retired or quit since bill prummell took over - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    if you live out of county you have to pay 44.5 cents per mile each way. so if you live exactly 10 miles out that would 10 miles x 44.5 cents x each way (2) x a 15 day work month = $133.50 a month taken out of your check each month

Unregistered
    Do any of the surrounding law-enforcement agencies charge their officers to take their vehicles out of county? Seems like Charlotte County is the only agency that I have heard of and I see cars from North Port Police, Sarasota County Sheriff, De Soto County Sheriff, Lee County Sheriff all living in Charlotte County. Kind of odd for such a big agency like Charlotte County to charge their officers so much to take their cars home. Also why the rotating shifts? Doesn’t make any sense to punish road patrol deputies and not the jail deputies.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do any of the surrounding law-enforcement agencies charge their officers to take their vehicles out of county? Seems like Charlotte County is the only agency that I have heard of and I see cars from North Port Police, Sarasota County Sheriff, De Soto County Sheriff, Lee County Sheriff all living in Charlotte County. Kind of odd for such a big agency like Charlotte County to charge their officers so much to take their cars home. Also why the rotating shifts? Doesn’t make any sense to punish road patrol deputies and not the jail deputies.
    all agencies charge their deputies the state mileage if they live out of county, thats common practice. and rotating shifts is supposed to make better officers but i believe studies show its detrimental to health. Its not a punishment but a practice

Unregistered
    I would agree there are several studies showing that rotating or swing shifts are detrimental to one’s health and personal well-being however I believe it is still a punishment for road patrol. Jail deputies don’t have to rotate, why do only road patrol have to rotate. I still see it as a punishment why should road patrol have to suffer and not jail?

Unregistered
    Let everyone suffer together? You're a real sweetheart. How about just leave people on the rotation they want and the position they're good at. I know the theory was to create well rounded officers, but the experiment failed. Instead of being forced into a shift and job they don't enjoy many have opted to leave. The arrogance that exists with this administration is so extreme that they do not see employees as people, but rather commodities, tools to fuel their own ambitions and petty whims.

Unregistered
    if you live out of county you have to pay 44.5 cents per mile each way. so if you live exactly 10 miles out that would 10 miles x 44.5 cents x each way (2) x a 15 day work month = $133.50 a month taken out of your check each month
    What if you live 15 miles out of county are they very strict on that?

Unregistered
    all agencies charge their deputies the state mileage if they live out of county, thats common practice. and rotating shifts is supposed to make better officers but i believe studies show its detrimental to health. Its not a punishment but a practice
    It is not a practice to charge for the take home care. We are the only agency that does it. It is no longer common for agencies to rotate. All other agencies have read the studies and were concerned about the longevity of their employees.

Unregistered
    How about just leave people on the rotation they want and the position they're good at.

Sounds like “common sense” to me and I’m sure this would boost the now nonexistent moral. Has anyone brought this to the attention of the command staff? Happy deputies are more productive and tend to stay at this agency.

Unregistered
    What duty weapon do you guys carry?

Unregistered
    Sig P226 in 9mm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast