Guess how many have been fired,retired or quit since bill prummell took over - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Amend to list of 381 names. = Free

Request individual exit interviews = Free

Unregistered
    Do you guys get annual raises if so how are they given?

Unregistered
    First of all the reason most people quit Is because they can go elsewhere and make more money with better benefits. The reason more people have quit since Prummell has been in office is because of not only is there better pay and benefits at other agencies, but Prummell has made road patrol rotate shifts from day shift to night shift every few months. This is not feasible for people with families not us it healthy for the human body. More people have probably quit or got fired while under Prummell then any other sheriff. To answer your question we do not get a raise every year we may get a 2% or 4% raise one year the no raise for several more years. Take in account every time we get a raise we unusually lose a benefit that usually costs us out-of-pocket in the end so sometimes we really don’t get a raise at all if you take that into account. If you’re looking for an agency with consistent pay raises consistent shifts and overall consistency I would look elsewhere maybe North Port Police Department or Sarasota County Sheriff‘s office good luck.

Unregistered
    Don't forget about watch commanders giving contradicting "verbal policies" making all 4 squads be on different pages and then getting written up when on OT with a different squad. Or if man-power is short they just say **** it to safety and ignore actual policies against that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't forget about watch commanders giving contradicting "verbal policies" making all 4 squads be on different pages and then getting written up when on OT with a different squad. Or if man-power is short they just say **** it to safety and ignore actual policies against that.
    that’s fake news because we don’t have OT

Unregistered
    What is the hiring process like? How long does it take?

Unregistered
    What is the hiring process like? How long does it take?
    1-2 months.

application and sit down with recruiter > background investigator meeting and background investigation while you do the other things i mentioned > psychological > polygraph > majors interview

Unregistered
    that’s fake news because we don’t have OT
    That's most likely the jail. They have mandatory min staffing and eat up most of our OT budget.

Unregistered
    1-2 months.

application and sit down with recruiter > background investigator meeting and background investigation while you do the other things i mentioned > psychological > polygraph > majors interview
    What is there take home car policy? Also if I live out of county?

Unregistered
    What is there take home car policy? Also if I live out of county?
    10 miles out of county and anywhere in county

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast