Considering applying as a lateral from north FL.

Unregistered

Considering applying as a lateral from north FL.

Hi, folks. I am interested in relocating to Pinellas County and I was told SPPD is leaps and bounds above what it used to be years ago (no offense, but I heard ya'll had some issues.) I'm single and looking to move somewhere with a higher rate of pay, more opportunities within the department and a livelier area to live. The website has a ton of information, but there's 2 things I'm looking to have answered:

1. How is morale? I get along with damn near everyone, and I'm a worker. I'm not some slug who will let others hump my calls. I just want to come to work, do my job and maybe make some friends to have a few laughs with on and off duty.

2. What the restrictions on the take home? Is it a certain mileage, or within county? Surrounding counties? I appreciate whatever they give me, as long as it comes with City gas, I'm just concerned with the mileage restrictions.

Thanks. Be safe, everyone, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Unregistered
    Save yourself the trouble don’t come here

Unregistered
    Of all the agencies you’re possibly looking at in the Tampa Bay Area and you choose st pete? Lol? Ask around a bit more....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of all the agencies you’re possibly looking at in the Tampa Bay Area and you choose st pete? Lol? Ask around a bit more....
    I've been told that if you have a clean record and experience, the hiring process is very fast, and that's appealing to me. TPD, HCSO, PCSO and CPD are all very tough to get on with I hear. I would love to work one of the smaller beach agencies in Pinellas, and I'd be willing to give up the opportunity for advancement to do so, but they're damn near impossible to get on with. Can you expand more on your reply?

Unregistered
    i think he means that it's just as hard to move around here as it is at one of the other smaller agencies due to BS and politics

Unregistered
    The command staff here hates white people and they will fire you for doing your job. You will have a target on your back. Have fun!

Unregistered
    Can anyone answer the take-home question please?

Unregistered

Take home

To be given a take home, you must live within a 40 mile from station radius. Any further and you will be charged for the additional mileage. If you live in the city, you can use the vehicle for some personal business. Overall, SPPD is what YOU make of it. Every dept has their own issues!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To be given a take home, you must live within a 40 mile from station radius. Any further and you will be charged for the additional mileage. If you live in the city, you can use the vehicle for some personal business. Overall, SPPD is what YOU make of it. Every dept has their own issues!!!
    I believe this changed. Read the general order - I think now you gotta live in the county. (I’ll have to double check but I’m fairly sure this changed). You might be safe under the old system if you were hired during that order.