Miami Gardens Police Hiring Non-certified (2018) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    How long does the SME review take?

Unregistered

Mgpd

Has anyone that submitted an application, have receive anything about an interview? I applied back in September of 2018.

Unregistered
    I received a congratulation email for passing my board interview and the email stated that I would be place on a 6 month list for eligible candidates. Just be patient and let the process take its course if it’s meant to be then it will happen.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I received a congratulation email for passing my board interview and the email stated that I would be place on a 6 month list for eligible candidates. Just be patient and let the process take its course if it’s meant to be then it will happen.
    Are you certified? If not good luck.

Unregistered
    Apply to plantation PD. Better pay. Better working conditions and a better neighborhood

Unregistered
    Are you certified? If not good luck.
    Thank you but No I am not, I am a certified detention deputy for four years now and personally want to persue the road side of law enforcement, just hope MGPD gives me the opportunity to do so. Which from the looks of things they are just have to wait.

Unregistered
    Thank you but No I am not, I am a certified detention deputy for four years now and personally want to persue the road side of law enforcement, just hope MGPD gives me the opportunity to do so. Which from the looks of things they are just have to wait.
    Don't waste your time. Unless you are a certified LEO: your chances are very, VERY slim to get hired anytime soon. We have way too many people leaving and need bodies immediately to replace them. Non-certified candidates take way too long to train in the academy and then train with an FTO.. so on and so forth. My recommendation to you would be to get on with Miami PD. They continuously run classes for new recruits and are always willing to give a chance to uncertified POs. It may interfere with your retirement(FRS I'm guessing?) but you're young and can make up the time. If you're willing to move, hillsborough county Sheriff in Tampa hires like crazy for deputy recruits, Orange County Sheriff(Orlando), Jacksonville Sheriff, Miami-Dade PD, Broward sheriff, Monroe county sheriff(key west) and others that you'll find if you search. Miami Gardens has the potential to be a great department, but has fallen short for years. Little room for movement, no raises, high call volume, no respect from the citizens or the politcians.. and definitely none from the upper brass. Do yourself the favor and move on to bigger and better. Best of luck to you.

Unregistered
    In addition to my last post: why don't you do the easier thing and crossover to Patrol Deputy in your agency? It's much easier to transition in a department you already work in, rather than take a chance at an all new agency. Maybe your department is one of those "you must do 5 years in the jail before crossing over .." kinda places but if you need to wait it out: wait.

Unregistered
    Does anyone know how many recruits is my MGPD sending to the broward academy in April and June?

Unregistered
    Any words at all ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast