Extra duty pay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra duty pay

Unregistered

Extra duty pay

Is there a set pay for extra duty assignments, or is it dependent on the client offering it?

Unregistered
    Two rates $43 and $37, city takes $7 so the two set rates for officer take home is $36 and $30. $36 for any job that requires more than one officer, traffic jobs, alcohol jobs, club jobs, event jobs, arena/stadium jobs etc. $30 for one man jobs, Library, Walmart, banks, news stations, supermarkets, etc. You can work up to 30 hours a week without a waiver which is the equivalent of 130 hours a month, if you want to work more than that you have to get a signed waiver, must don’t work more than that however there are plenty of jobs that go unfilled even with officers working 100+ hour months so if you really wanted to and weren’t picky about jobs you could. Me and most of the guys I know Average 40 to 80 months taking it easy, if I really want to save for some big ticket item I do 110 hour months or more.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two rates $43 and $37, city takes $7 so the two set rates for officer take home is $36 and $30. $36 for any job that requires more than one officer, traffic jobs, alcohol jobs, club jobs, event jobs, arena/stadium jobs etc. $30 for one man jobs, Library, Walmart, banks, news stations, supermarkets, etc. You can work up to 30 hours a week without a waiver which is the equivalent of 130 hours a month, if you want to work more than that you have to get a signed waiver, must don’t work more than that however there are plenty of jobs that go unfilled even with officers working 100+ hour months so if you really wanted to and weren’t picky about jobs you could. Me and most of the guys I know Average 40 to 80 months taking it easy, if I really want to save for some big ticket item I do 110 hour months or more.
    Thanks for the info. Taking $7 an hour prior to taxes is pretty heavy... Those duties would be 1.5x my pay at my current dept. Is there much overtime in patrol, or special initiatives available for the 1.5 rate?

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info. Taking $7 an hour prior to taxes is pretty heavy... Those duties would be 1.5x my pay at my current dept. Is there much overtime in patrol, or special initiatives available for the 1.5 rate?
    You have to take into account our pay scale:

TPD HOURLY RATE:
    Step 1 $26.51
    Step 2 $27.67
    Step 3 $28.90
    Step 4 $30.39
    Step 5 $31.75
    Step 6 $33.18
    Step 7 $34.63
    Step 8 $36.16
    Step 9 $37.79
    Step 10 $38.64
    Step 11 $43.05

If you got 4 years on at your current agency you would start here at Step 3 $28.90 an hour. Let’s say you work 50 hours of off duty at a mix of some $30 and some $36, average $33 an hour you would do $60,112 base plus another $19,800 in off duty, a total of $79,912. That’s not even counting shift differential if you end up on evenings or midnights, any court time, or little extras here and there, if you were willing to work at least 50 hours of off duty a month you could make $85,000 in your first year, I hit my first $100,000 year here in year 3 and I only started off at Step 2.

There isn’t a lot of overtime to go around. In the Summer there is always some kind of overtime grant initiative or during big events. You might get some here and there. But with unlimited off duty and a great Pay scale not many agencies can compete with our pay. You’ll be making $100,000 base with no extras by the time you are a ten year master patrol officer.

Unregistered
    Thanks for info. Is Master patrol Officer a promotional position, or based on years of service?

Unregistered
    It’s automatic based on years of service

Unregistered
    You also have the option to buy an affordable house and a used car, and spend your time off with your family- but that's not for everyone.

Unregistered
    When reading the contract, it states that for court you are compensated a minimum of three hours pay... I assume they mean three hours pay at 1.5x rate?

Unregistered
    When reading the contract, it states that for court you are compensated a minimum of three hours pay... I assume they mean three hours pay at 1.5x rate?
    Yes 3 hours of time and a half overtime pay.

Unregistered
    To reach MPO, would someone who starts at a step 3 have 7 years to MPO. Or would you actually have to have 10 years with the dept?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast