PBA grow a set - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBA grow a set

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    FOP all the way. The PBA WILL NEVER STAND STRONG FOR WHAT WE WANT. Granted it is a weak front especially from uniform patrol. But I think that we need to stop taking the, "we dont have any money" excuse from the city shoot a big **** you to them and stand strong! And should I add HOLD THE DAMN calls for service. Stop forcing units to clear for calls and show then that personnel is a real problem!
    How can the PBA stand strong for you when you wont even stand strong for yourselves. How many came to the council meeting to oppose the insurance change? Do you really think the FOP will be any different, once the FOP is standing there with no backing from the membership, you will have the same results. You all gave away the 185 money and what have you gotten.........A big Nothing. Just keeping giving things up and soon you wont even have a retirement.

Watch the council meeting and just listen to what the Mayor said, no one from the union membership was there opposing, that said it all as to how unified you are.............

Unregistered
    How can the PBA stand strong for you when you wont even stand strong for yourselves. How many came to the council meeting to oppose the insurance change? Do you really think the FOP will be any different, once the FOP is standing there with no backing from the membership, you will have the same results. You all gave away the 185 money and what have you gotten.........A big Nothing. Just keeping giving things up and soon you wont even have a retirement.

Watch the council meeting and just listen to what the Mayor said, no one from the union membership was there opposing, that said it all as to how unified you are.............
    FOP is number police organization in the nation. That speaks volumes

Unregistered
    FOP is number police organization in the nation. That speaks volumes
    They are the largest union I. America. Must be doing something right

Unregistered

I love how when one highlights the PBA weaknesses they talk down to members. That’s a Shiver/Stahl tactic. Their thin skin doesn’t allow them to I,prove on criticism. Nothing has changed.

Unregistered
    They are the largest union I. America. Must be doing something right
    Call the vote and quit whining!! Then when the FOP can’t get you to show up or stand up and defend yourselves, you can jump to IUPA.

You don’t want a union that supports the membership. You want a union that fights your battle while you hide and play both sides of the fence.

The PBA won’t miss you!!

Call the VOTE! Just do it!!!!

Unregistered

Reunion

The Annual Homestead Police Reunion will be this Saturday at the Villages Club house 12-4 pm All members of HPD are invited, You get to listen to war stories about back in the day when there were only a Sgt. and two Officers working the road.

Unregistered
    The Annual Homestead Police Reunion will be this Saturday at the Villages Club house 12-4 pm All members of HPD are invited, You get to listen to war stories about back in the day when there were only a Sgt. and two Officers working the road.
    Had a great time. Thanks for putting it on. The only disgusting part was to see Steadman so smug and full of himself. He’s never done anything for his fellow co-workers. Then after he went to the county he forgot about us all together but otherwise the event was nice

Unregistered
    From what I hear, it's more about a chief who has been there 40 years and does not fight for a pay raise, don't blame it on the PBA and what has your Col. done for you ?? makes you wonder ,they both have been cops for 40 years, they are NOT going to fight for you

Unregistered
    From what I hear, it's more about a chief who has been there 40 years and does not fight for a pay raise, don't blame it on the PBA and what has your Col. done for you ?? makes you wonder ,they both have been cops for 40 years, they are NOT going to fight for you
    The same theory applies to Steadman. He’s been a cop for how long? And he worked here! He knows what goes on. But more importantly and distinctly different that the Chief its Steadmans role to fight for the members. It might not be for,the Chief who is management ( trust me I’m not fan of his) but it is Steadmans job to do so. So where has he been now that he’s this elitist? Not here helping us, not here fighting for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12