TAMPA POLICE Master Patrol Officers will make over $100,000 per year...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

TAMPA POLICE Master Patrol Officers will make over $100,000 per year...

TAMPA POLICE Master Patrol Officers will make over $100,000 per year... by working ONLY 2,080 hours/year.

HCSO Master Deputies make just over $83,000 per year... by woking 2,184 hours/year.

That means we work 104 more hours (2.6 forty hour weeks) every year, for about $17,000 less.

That's not even close!
    The quality of a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputy was SUPPOSED to be worth so much more than a TPD officer. I guess not. That doesn't even account for all the BS tpd doesn't have to put up with, all the worthless "investigative" steps they are not required to do for every single investigation (you know - treating every single complaint like a murder investigation), the fact that their officers go to lunch everyday, their officers go home on time 97% of the time, etc., etc., etc., etc...

I know, I know... maybe we should quit.

Unregistered
    Which is why its a no brainer to apply to tpd. The retirement plan alone is enough to make the move. The political SO election bs is another. Im sick of looking at Chad for Sheriff signs. We need to do away w elections in law enforcement. Its a corrupt system.

Unregistered
    Don't forget to take 15% off the top for the pension.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Go away troll. It's not 15%.

Don't forget to add the 6.2% they don't have to pay for Social Security.

Unregistered
    Another HCSO kool aid drinker who still believes he makes more money take home than TPD because the chief told him so lol.

The TPD pension contribution rate last year was 9.95%, this year its 9.72%, not even close to 15% there buddy. After you pay 6.2 in social security and 3 into FRS TPD is only paying half a percent more than HCSO yet they make right around 20% more an hour, so no matter how many times the HCSO command staff tells you that you make more in pocket, it just flat out isn’t true, but if drinking that deceitful kool aid makes you feel better, go right ahead and believe it I guess.

Unregistered
    You have to be a 6 year Sgt or a 4 year Lt at HCSO just to make what a TPD MPO makes. TPD MPOs make more money than HCSO 5 yr and below Sergeants and 3 yr and below Lietuenants. As an HCSO Corporal, you’ll never make as much as a TPD MPO.

Unregistered
    You have to be a 6 year Sgt or a 4 year Lt at HCSO just to make what a TPD MPO makes. TPD MPOs make more money than HCSO 5 yr and below Sergeants and 3 yr and below Lietuenants. As an HCSO Corporal, you’ll never make as much as a TPD MPO.
    I see jumping ship to TPD just for the officer to citizen ratio alone! They refuse to take BS calls and they don't get treated like the butlers of the county. My last squad lost 2 to TPD. I would take a pay cut to have that type of Support and more zone partners. When i go home late, work a zone alone, get buried in worthless paper that i am made to write because of a cowardice reason, it make me feel nothing but hate for this agency. Just the fact that Docobo told us in an agency wide meeting to take any report that TPD refuses tells you what a little ***** he was and this agency is. For what? So they BOCC dont give him trouble when he wants to waste money on an 8 million dollar building and a pointless 5th district? At our expense? Screw that. TPD is better for far deeper reasons. Talk to your X15’s that have ties to the city. Ask them how they feel about TPD. Then ask how they feel about us. Note the difference. 30 years to retire vs 20? No brainer.

Unregistered

Another TPD perk

Not only does TPD make more as an MPO and they have a 20 year pension but you can buy back up to 5 years of military or prior law enforcement service or a combination of the two. You can take your FRS money, walk in the door at TPD, buy back 5 years and when you hit 10 years vested you instantly become a 15 year officer and collect a 20 year pension for only working 15 years at TPD. Or if you have 3 years prior, but back 3 and you become a 13 year officer the day you hit your 10th year. If you don’t have FRS money to roll over and want to pay for the up to 5 years out of pocket the pension office will do a payment plan and you can do pre-tax deductions out of your paycheck to pay it off. The payment plan can be as long as the amount of time you are buying back.

Unregistered
    Not only does TPD make more as an MPO and they have a 20 year pension but you can buy back up to 5 years of military or prior law enforcement service or a combination of the two. You can take your FRS money, walk in the door at TPD, buy back 5 years and when you hit 10 years vested you instantly become a 15 year officer and collect a 20 year pension for only working 15 years at TPD. Or if you have 3 years prior, but back 3 and you become a 13 year officer the day you hit your 10th year. If you don’t have FRS money to roll over and want to pay for the up to 5 years out of pocket the pension office will do a payment plan and you can do pre-tax deductions out of your paycheck to pay it off. The payment plan can be as long as the amount of time you are buying back.
    So what are you waiting for? Go to TPD....

Unregistered
    If you take a gander at TPD's thread you will see them panicking about their healthcare costs going up next year. They do have it pretty good but I would not want to pay close to $800 a month or more for family healthcare coverage. I feel bad for their retirees. How are they gonna pay that until they can get medicare??? They are gonna have to make 100k to keep up with their rising healthcare cost.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast