Ortiz negotiated a reduction of drop to weed out more old timers. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s all a scam!!!! Reducing the drop hurts the city cause people stay longer.

Do not drop! Stay as long as you can. Ortiz wants all of you old timers to drop so he can get to be Chief in 7 years.
    Sir , first ,how is the city going to be hurt is a government agency that gets the money from taxes unlike private business that have to produce a revenue, the city is the house and the house never loses ,second if people stay longer the difference from one year to the other is not that much , trust me , I don't want to get into numbers here because this is a public forum for obvious reasons but by you going into the drop just one year you could make a lot more now imagine seven years is a lot of money , again I don't want to give you a number but the drop is the best thing for public employees .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s all a scam!!!! Reducing the drop hurts the city cause people stay longer.

Do not drop! Stay as long as you can. Ortiz wants all of you old timers to drop so he can get to be Chief in 7 years.
    How is it going to affect Ortiz becoming a chief by having people to go in the drop, makes no sense , he's going to be chief regardless of what a few old people stay or leave. Then the amount of people eligible right now to go and retired which is basically what happens when you go in the drop is minimal , how many people have at least 20 years or more now to go in the drop the ones that have are already there. So it won't affect people for a few more years , 85 percent of this department has less than ten years .

Unregistered
    You will make more money 3 years in the drop than 3 regular years. Inform yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12