GO Gary Pruitt for Sheriff - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You speak Crap about people you don’t even know. Mad at the system, Chad, Bob, Ciro, Tom, hmmm. You don’t know what they’ve done or what they do, but you have not advanced. A failure. Here’s your problem a case of envy. So you understand Envy (from Latin invidia) is an emotion which "occurs when a person lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it".[1]

Bertrand Russell said that envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[2] Not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his or her envy, Russell explained, but that person also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.
    Good point. It has been noted. I think many of us do not hold a grudge for people getting promoted. In my case, my particulat anger comes from the fact that patrol is terrible. It is devastating to any positive mental health under these conditions. Why do u think people quit so fast? We are way short and we are the scapegoats of the agency. All I ask is to make patrol a priority. When was the last time you seen a major or captain without a secretary?? We are not short on those. Brass don't even write their own memos. Admin corporals, admin leautenats, a team of secretaries do that. Are you kidding me? Spread the freaking help. We are slammed on the street while others have it easy. Thats where my anger and disloyalty comes from. Make it better or us. Reduce the exposure. It can not be maintained for 30 years, or make it easier for us to leave patrol after we put in our time. You cant have two career paths. The hard one for the unpopular and an easy one for the popular. Thats the only change I would want. Its not envy. Its the question. Why should my ass be on the line for 30 years while other do not. Think about it a little deeper. Maybe from our point of view.

Unregistered
    What I’ll never understand is why people don’t get simple math and ratios. We are a law enforcement and corrections aganecy for a large population county. By our very design and sheer number of employees needed to fill that demand, the vast majority of us will always be in patrol or in detention. There is no mathematical way for every hire to “leave patrol after they do their time.” Very few will be k9. Even fewer will be pilots. Even fewer will be colonels. Even fewer will be chiefs and sheriffs. I’ve done the math, when you add up all of the specialty positions and rank it’s less than 5% of our work force. And to complain about secretaries? You’re right, you’re way too soft to last 30 years.

Unregistered
    **agency**

Unregistered
    What I’ll never understand is why people don’t get simple math and ratios. We are a law enforcement and corrections aganecy for a large population county. By our very design and sheer number of employees needed to fill that demand, the vast majority of us will always be in patrol or in detention. There is no mathematical way for every hire to “leave patrol after they do their time.” Very few will be k9. Even fewer will be pilots. Even fewer will be colonels. Even fewer will be chiefs and sheriffs. I’ve done the math, when you add up all of the specialty positions and rank it’s less than 5% of our work force. And to complain about secretaries? You’re right, you’re way too soft to last 30 years.

If the Sheriff asked for the job of heading a work force of 95% patrol deputies, whom he just doesn't have the positions to give to (yeah right), then he's going to have 95% of his employees pissed off. For 30 years.

Better take very good care of these deputies, in as many ways as he can. Because it's rubbing off on the citizens. And the deputies are of so mutherfucckin pissed off, they dont give a shhiitt that its negatively affecting the citizens!!!

But I'm calling bullshiit on that. For the sake of argument...

If less than 5% of our work force get rank/specialty position, that'snall the more reason not to give those positions to the Chief's son, the criminal minority lesbian, the minority who's been here all of 2 years.

All the more reason to give these positions to those who've been here for decades and earned it. Those who've put in the work without getting suspended, without abusing sick time, without fuucckking up.

Unregistered
    Your math is retarded. Only 5% off of patrol lol. there’s around 1,000 sworn and only like 450 on patrol so there is actually more people off patrol than on. Between Detectives, Street crimes squads, SID, Cpl’s, sergeants, Lts and so on, K9, Marine Unit, Motors, DuI, horses, aviation, etc etc. If we followed your 5% theory there would be 950 people on patrol and 50 deputies for all rank, specialties, and non patrol jobs.

The reality is there is more people off of patrol than there is on, the problem is you don’t move the 450 up into the 550 non patrol spots when their time comes, you skip some on patrol and move up a 2 year deputy who hasn’t done their time, it leaves a handful of deputies riding out 30 yeArs on patrol because hey got passed by people who came in after them, whether that’s because of performance or politics is a different question.

Unregistered
    Once again you’ve proven why you’re too ignorant to advance. Be glad you snuck in the door and try not to do anything stupid to get yourself fired cause we both know you aren’t talented enough to go anywhere else.

Unregistered
    Once again you’ve proven why you’re too ignorant to advance. Be glad you snuck in the door and try not to do anything stupid to get yourself fired cause we both know you aren’t talented enough to go anywhere else.
    How I’m I too ignorant? You are the 1diot who said “I’ve done the math, when you add up all our specialty positions and rank it’s less than 5% of our workforce”

Please explain this math to me guy. Because to me it seems like the only ignorant one is you. How many sworn law enforcement deputies are there (excluding detention)? Yes patrol represents the biggest chunk of one type of deputy but when you add up all non patrol jobs (ie detective, homesless liasons, school resource, street crimes, detectives, community resource, dui, motors, other specialties etc etc , then add all the ranks Cpl’s Sgts lt and above) it seems to me there are plenty of places someone could go even if it wasn’t a promotion, it still wouldn’t be humping a zone as a zone unit. If you can prove through your math that more than 90% of all deputies are on patrol I’ll put up a chad chronister sign on my front lawn and never come on Leo affairs bashing the agency again.

Unregistered
    How I’m I too ignorant? You are the 1diot who said “I’ve done the math, when you add up all our specialty positions and rank it’s less than 5% of our workforce”

Please explain this math to me guy. Because to me it seems like the only ignorant one is you. How many sworn law enforcement deputies are there (excluding detention)? Yes patrol represents the biggest chunk of one type of deputy but when you add up all non patrol jobs (ie detective, homesless liasons, school resource, street crimes, detectives, community resource, dui, motors, other specialties etc etc , then add all the ranks Cpl’s Sgts lt and above) it seems to me there are plenty of places someone could go even if it wasn’t a promotion, it still wouldn’t be humping a zone as a zone unit. If you can prove through your math that more than 90% of all deputies are on patrol I’ll put up a chad chronister sign on my front lawn and never come on Leo affairs bashing the agency again.
    Again you’re too ignorant to understand. No one even applies for open dui spots or barely motors yet you ***** about them. I’ll never be able to explain to it to your because you lack the aptitude to understand. At the end of of day I don’t need to. You’re the one who is miserable. An old prison saying is “you do the time or time does you.” Too bad for you everyday is misery. Enjoy the rest for your career while each day does you one by one.....

Unregistered
    Yes you’re too ignorant. No one even applies for vacant dui positions yet you ***** about them. Motors either, it’s not like there is a long line of people waiting to do that job. And working DUIs is a patrol function dummy. At the end of day you’re the one who is miserable. An old prison saying is “you do the time or the time does you.” Enjoy the rest of your career as each day does you good and hard.

Unregistered
    You all come on here and bash each other with hatred then log on at night in the same zone, call each other brother, sweat, eat and work with each other. Ita stupid

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast