GO Gary Pruitt for Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Um........ Previtera- Secret Service.......Feeney -Air Marshalls....Livingston- FBI..................Ura- FDLE.......Dominguez- TIA Police..........just so everyone is straight. And it doesnt really matter anyway
    Not really here to defend anyone but the facts matter. Feeney was DEA for many years worked with him during those years. After 9/11 he went to the air Marshall service which pulled from many federal law enforcement offices to staff the program.
    Feeney is a great cop, you could probably learn a lot from if you tried.

Unregistered
    Not really here to defend anyone but the facts matter. Feeney was DEA for many years worked with him during those years. After 9/11 he went to the air Marshall service which pulled from many federal law enforcement offices to staff the program.
    Feeney is a great cop, you could probably learn a lot from if you tried.
    Right. I have seen how the feds operate. There is no rush for them. Most everything is on their time all while being treated like kings. Its nothing like it is here. Thats not being a cop. Thats not humping a zone non stop i full danger. Thats not being treated like kindergarteners like us. Feds are not the scapegoats of and throw downs of the criminal justice system like street cops are. Feds are valued. We are used as sacraficial lambs to buffer the government. He knows NOTHING of what that is like. Screw him.

Why do you think deputies that are the sons and daughters of high ranking officers get pulled off patrol so fast? Why do you think 99% of these rookie females get pulled off patrol shortly after they start screwing and then marry a sgt or Lt that are 10 years older than them? Why are the Koolaid drinkers off patrol so fast? Because employees of “value” get pulled off the garbage that is being a real cop on the street. The feds are not cops. Feds investigate while having their hand held by a US attorney. They make no warranless arrests. Nothing is on view for them. Its all planned. We do not have that luxury. With that said, no FED will ever impress me as a cop or leader.

Unregistered
    Its easy to teach rookies and look like a big shot in training. All you need to know is a liitle more than a cadet. Fancy FBI and DEA stories impress cadets. How about hit the streets and teach something to a 20 year street cop on a child abuse call with the suspect at the scene or mentally ill person call that that is high and lost their mind. All while keeping the scene calm, dealing with family, with no back up, no use of force, getting the report done fast and flawless, while calls are holding, and getting off on time after turning in useless DNA evidence from two reports ago that morning. I bet he dont deal with that in his cute office during working business hours. He is good at the same thing other commanders are good at though.... delegating. Usually to a brown noser.

Unregistered
    Its easy to teach rookies and look like a big shot in training. All you need to know is a liitle more than a cadet. Fancy FBI and DEA stories impress cadets. How about hit the streets and teach something to a 20 year street cop on a child abuse call with the suspect at the scene or mentally ill person call that that is high and lost their mind. All while keeping the scene calm, dealing with family, with no back up, no use of force, getting the report done fast and flawless, while calls are holding, and getting off on time after turning in useless DNA evidence from two reports ago that morning. I bet he dont deal with that in his cute office during working business hours. He is good at the same thing other commanders are good at though.... delegating. Usually to a brown noser.
    Haaa. Good cry bro?

Unregistered
    You speak Crap about people you don’t even know. Mad at the system, Chad, Bob, Ciro, Tom, hmmm. You don’t know what they’ve done or what they do, but you have not advanced. A failure. Here’s your problem a case of envy. So you understand Envy (from Latin invidia) is an emotion which "occurs when a person lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it".[1]

Bertrand Russell said that envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[2] Not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his or her envy, Russell explained, but that person also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.

Unregistered
    You speak Crap about people you don’t even know. Mad at the system, Chad, Bob, Ciro, Tom, hmmm. You don’t know what they’ve done or what they do, but you have not advanced. A failure. Here’s your problem a case of envy. So you understand Envy (from Latin invidia) is an emotion which "occurs when a person lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it".[1]

Bertrand Russell said that envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[2] Not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his or her envy, Russell explained, but that person also wishes to inflict misfortune on others.
    Your problem is punctuation, grammar, and citations. I can tell the parts you wrote yourself and the parts you cut and pasted from the Internet.

Unregistered

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!!! I have a case of envy.

The case of envy that I have is that I am not; (1) the family/close friend of Docobo, (2) a minority, (3) a lesbian, or God forbid (4) a minority lesbian (even that criminal got promoted). Those are the only "superior qualities" that got people promoted and/or their highly desired positions, the last 15 years.

See, we can agree on things

Unregistered

I will agree that hating on someone above you because you feel they didn’t earn it is wrong. I’ve always said someone’s else’s success or failures have no impact on my life, so why wish them failure. To the guys that learn how to play the game to the point that they never have to hump a zone, good for them. I don’t have a problem with someone coming in doing no time on patrol and moving up, what I have a problem with is when they do that and then think they are better than patrol and proceed to shit on patrol.

As an administrator you are kidding yourself if you think anything you do in your office is really having an impact on crime. It’s the patrol officers and detectives grinding case loads that make the real impact. You want to motivate and lead your troop so that they in turn will produce, production will lead to better stat comp numbers that you can brag about in your monthly staff meetings. At the end of the day it’s the troop with his boot on the ground that is going to make an impact, will he spend his hours running tags , driving around looking for suspicious activity, making contact with people on the street, following leads, closing cases, dropping warrants, gathering intel or will he just park under a tree and watch Netflix because he hasn’t been properly led or properly motivated.

Those of you leaders who think you will make it to brass, come up with some stupid plan or idea on paper and implement it but then proceed to rule by fear or inadequate leadership from your office are grossly mistaken if you think you are making a difference, your troops are the workforce, if you want work product you have to take care of your work force, that’s your job. Feed them, nurture them, lead them, inspire them, take care of them and they in turn will respect you and take care of you and make you look good.

Unregistered

Feeney

Feeney was a street cop in D.C. prior to DEA and then went to Air Marshals. That guy was old school DEA ...before they let C.I.s or task force guys do the grunt work. Feeney been under a Fed indictment for bare knuckling and survived. He is not like the others you mentioned. Feeney would back his people to the point of being fired and almost has. His involuntary move to the courthouse was an attempt to get him out of here by Donna. Now Chronister and Poore have some fabricated resumes. Chad, what SWAT 3 months? Any call outs? Poore? Her name matches her work performance. Just go into SAO case management and put in those names under the Officer list and see how many cases either of those two were lead Officers on and you will see just how little they have done. Kyle, Jim Bradford those guys real Cops. Donna , even though a spiteful "B" at least been a Cop.

Unregistered
    I will agree that hating on someone above you because you feel they didn’t earn it is wrong. I’ve always said someone’s else’s success or failures have no impact on my life, so why wish them failure. To the guys that learn how to play the game to the point that they never have to hump a zone, good for them. I don’t have a problem with someone coming in doing no time on patrol and moving up, what I have a problem with is when they do that and then think they are better than patrol and proceed to shit on patrol.

As an administrator you are kidding yourself if you think anything you do in your office is really having an impact on crime. It’s the patrol officers and detectives grinding case loads that make the real impact. You want to motivate and lead your troop so that they in turn will produce, production will lead to better stat comp numbers that you can brag about in your monthly staff meetings. At the end of the day it’s the troop with his boot on the ground that is going to make an impact, will he spend his hours running tags , driving around looking for suspicious activity, making contact with people on the street, following leads, closing cases, dropping warrants, gathering intel or will he just park under a tree and watch Netflix because he hasn’t been properly led or properly motivated.

Those of you leaders who think you will make it to brass, come up with some stupid plan or idea on paper and implement it but then proceed to rule by fear or inadequate leadership from your office are grossly mistaken if you think you are making a difference, your troops are the workforce, if you want work product you have to take care of your work force, that’s your job. Feed them, nurture them, lead them, inspire them, take care of them and they in turn will respect you and take care of you and make you look good.
    Holy shiit! Dead on. Dead on. Good message. What I been trying to say in every post I have made.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast