9mm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm

Unregistered

9mm

Good news! We're going back to the 9mm. Woo Hoo! That .45 is just too much cannon for what's it worth.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good news! We're going back to the 9mm. Woo Hoo! That .45 is just too much cannon for what's it worth.
    The 9 mm ammo is cheaper. The low-T ladyboys they have been hiring can't handle the recoil of the .45. If this trend continues we will be shooting .380 in a few years.

Unregistered
    I am amused by this trend back to the 9mm. Years ago the FBI said 10mm was the way to go. They soon discovered the soft hands of their pencil pushing accountant agents couldn't handle it, so 40S&W came along. The be all end all of law enforcement. Then guess what? The 40 ammo cost too much. Recoil suddenly became excessive and now everything old is new again. 9mm is back. Give me a 45 and leave me alone. Sometimes fat and slow gets the job done.

Unregistered
    I am amused by this trend back to the 9mm. Years ago the FBI said 10mm was the way to go. They soon discovered the soft hands of their pencil pushing accountant agents couldn't handle it, so 40S&W came along. The be all end all of law enforcement. Then guess what? The 40 ammo cost too much. Recoil suddenly became excessive and now everything old is new again. 9mm is back. Give me a 45 and leave me alone. Sometimes fat and slow gets the job done.
    If I was an administrator making such decisions, I would go out of my way NOT to do what the FBI does.

Unregistered
    Gunfight stats show that LEOs hit their targets about 20% of the time. This is one of the main reasons the FBI and local and state LEO agencies switched back to the 9 mm - more rounds available than .45 and .40 pistols, with improved stopping power made possible by modern bullet construction. The FBI's Miami shootout caused the FBI to switch to the .40 but that was due to poor 9 mm ammo performance, according to the investigation.

The second reason for the switch to 9 mm is the ability of the new recruits to handle the recoil, accuracy and speed of the follow up shots. 9 mm wins again.

The third reason is cost. 9 mm is cheaper than .40 and .45.

So there you have it - 9 mm wins in firepower, follow up shots, accuracy and cost.

One of my relatives works for the FWC, I do not work for the FWC, I work for a large agency on the West Coast who still uses the .45, Glock 21. When our pistols are due for replacement there is no doubt in my mind we will switch to the 9 mm.

Unregistered

Some Red Neck in Tally got a hair up his nose and we ended up with the .45.
    Possibly the worst compromise for a duty gun as far as weight and bulk to carry all day when the FPE on the 40 are comparable in a 9 mm frame gun.
    Affirmative Action hires cant shoot, can't fight, actually can't do much other than complain and draw a paycheck' that is why we are going back to the 9mm

Unregistered
    Give me a .357 magnum S&W or Ruger revolver and I will be happy. Reliable, no need to worry about jams or magazine springs, and the best stopping power available according to the Marshall and Sanow stopping power study. One shot and they stay down, man or beast.

Unregistered
    If the brass decides to change pistols, I hope they go with the new G45 Glock. It's a G17 frame and capacity with a G19 slide and barrel. Same was offered to the military except the LEO model will be matte black. But I'd rather have a raise.

Unregistered
    If the brass decides to change pistols, I hope they go with the new G45 Glock. It's a G17 frame and capacity with a G19 slide and barrel. Same was offered to the military except the LEO model will be matte black. But I'd rather have a raise.
    What do you need a gun for?

Unregistered
    What do you need a gun for?
    You are right, why bother carrying the extra weight of a gun and ammo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast