When CPD continues to lose its best and brightest, it's probably because of poor management.

Then again, you shouldn't take my word for it: here are some candid Google reviews of CPD's non-emergency staff (i.e., the TRU and dispatch).

"I have lived in this area my whole life and what I've learned is that the actual police officers who work for the city are great! They are usually kind and patient. The non-emergency dispatch however, are terribly rude. They speak to you like you are dumb when it is obvious they are not even listening to you in the first place. After speaking to actual officers I have been told that the dispatch personnel are just lay people who take calls. As the first point of contact for non-emergency situations these representatives are giving the actual officers a bad name by association."

"Lazy rude unprofessional. I called non emergency number people answering the phone were white trash. No manners no dignity."

"Amazing that it's a holiday weekend and called non-emergency twice ans no answer. 230-245 sunday 7/3/16. I guess the city can't afford t more city employees since they spend so much money on sign police and sign training." \

"wow I must say, the Clearwater police must pick and choose what things they will look into and the things they feel are a waste of their so called precious time. I contacted them a week ago last Friday with concerns of someone stealing my debit care information and using it to order a few things, I had contacted my bank at 5:33AM that morning and they put a stop on my cared and began a fraud investigation. The officer I spoke with said that there was a problem with that, if I stopped my card at 533 am then how could someone order something at 557pm, I told her that it was 557 on the 29th and this is the 30th, then I felt profiled, I was then asked if I was black, white, Hispanic, and so on... What does that have to do with the tea in china?? Any how, I was told that an officer would be assigned the fraud case on Monday, since it was Friday night. I had done a lot of leg work and contacted both merchants that were compromised by these carrier criminals. I had contacted again the Clearwater police with new information on Sunday and the information was added to my file and again was told that I would have an officer contacting me concerning this on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Till this day nothing has happened, both merchants have like forgotten about this. I understand that there is a lot of issues going on today, but If I was like everyone else, saying, oh its only 50.00, then how many more people, have gone thru this thought the same thing after knowing that the local police and merchants just drop these small transactions of fraud and worry about the BIG charges. I'm not sure but I'm thinking that the small amounts that are just dismissed out weight the large ones billions to millions. This is a billion dollar loss that is passed onto us, the TAX payers for the losses the business tend to wright off. Where or when is this kind of BS stopping? Why haven't the Police taken any of this seriously?"

"non-emergency dispatch woman working 11 am august 29 was unbelievably nasty. i had just been in a car accident and was trying to avoid wasting a police officers time coming out here by asking a few questions about the process of what to do regarding calling the insurance companies so we didnt have to call an officer out for our fender bender. she snapped very rudely at me "maam im not going to answer your questions.. do you want an officer to come out or not.." told me i was wasting her time and she had 911 calls coming in, but i had called the non-emergency number. apparently her 2 minutes is more valuable than the hour an officer would have to waste out here. she should not ever be allowed to talk to anyone in crisis. i had just been in a car accident and definitely did not deserve to be treated that way. terrible human being."