DUI traffic stop

Unregistered

DUI traffic stop

I had one of your officers stop me for speeding a few weeks back and requested me to take some sort of DUI test.

I was stunned, I don’t drink but the officer wasinsisting he look into my eyes.

I did it because I was nervous and HAD NOT been drinking.

Afterwards, I asked him what it was about me that made him do this. Officer said it was because of the hour and that I was near several bars. No slurring, no smell or any other things you look for to determine who is drunk.

I have a lot of respect for your department but afterwards I was pissed because I don’t think this is proper behavior.

Can the make you do these tests with no signs of drinking?

Thanks guys, be safe!

Unregistered
    Unfortunately, we have had several complaints regarding the same guys (DUI Units) for doing the same thing that you experienced, but the “brass” likes the Stats and allow it to occur.

It is an embarrassment to our Agency and has hurt our reputation with many well known residents.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had one of your officers stop me for speeding a few weeks back and requested me to take some sort of DUI test.

Afterwards, I asked him what it was about me that made him do this. Officer said it was because of the hour and that I was near several bars. No slurring, no smell or any other things you look for to determine who is drunk.

I have a lot of respect for your department but afterwards I was pissed because I don’t think this is proper behavior.

Thanks guys, be safe!
    Next time, let him arrest you...there after you blow 000.....you can sue the city

Unregistered
    Unprofessional douchebags.

Unregistered

Thanks guys, be safe!
    This begs the question, what exactly did you set out to accomplish by bringing this to an essentially anonymous law enforcement website? Why not, say, go to LPD with this info???

Unregistered
    Unfortunately, we have had several complaints regarding the same guys (DUI Units) for doing the same thing that you experienced, but the “brass” likes the Stats and allow it to occur.

It is an embarrassment to our Agency and has hurt our reputation with many well known residents.
    Not anymore, the main guy is an SRO now. Have fun patrolling the elementary school buddy.

Unregistered
    This begs the question, what exactly did you set out to accomplish by bringing this to an essentially anonymous law enforcement website? Why not, say, go to LPD with this info???

Sounds to me the person had a question about what happened to them. Why didn't they go to LPD? My guess is they don't have any confidence in the organization.

Unregistered

Thanks guys, be safe!
    Hints the reason for case laws such as US V CAMPBELL. Read up Lakeland...