New sidearm - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New sidearm

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I sure hope you don’t work for FHP, but to answer your question(s): Troopers are involved in plenty of cases were a gun is drawn or an unfortunate shoot out occurrs. A simple google search would return numerous cases just in the year 2018. So, just because you don’t,or haven’t done it,doesn’t mean others haven’t. So, now that the first question was answered, let’s move on to the next.

Rifle being used in FHP history? sure, first page in the google result return: November 2012, a trooper used a rifle to shoot a gun wielding suspect.

Now, please learn to write and calm down.
    Wow Troopers use guns? Where in a crash report do you list that?

Unregistered
    Wasn't a rifle used by the Trooper, when he shot the cemetery worker during his Sig 10 investigation in the Tampa area.

Unregistered
    Since Colonel announced we are going to Sig Sauer patrol rifles all roads lead to Sig as our new duty weapon. Staff at academy really tight lipped, some even said the PBA is already aware of it. Has anybody heard anything different? This isn't a "let's bash Sig Sauer" post, just a question.
    I'm not sure Sig has anything bigger than 45 GAP. I heard we might be switching to a .50AE round. Well, that or 300 blackout if they make a handgun to shoot it. Anyone hear anything like that?

Unregistered
    Sig P320. Yes 9mil.

Unregistered
    Sig P320. Yes 9mil.
    finally a good decision from the brass. great job

Unregistered
    finally a good decision from the brass. great job
    THe military is having tons of problems with the P320! So no not a good choice... I am not a huge Glock Fan Boy however they just work and there is a reason they hold about 85% or more of the US Law Enforcement Market.

Unregistered
    Your new sidearm shall be a Laser Atlanta. We will outfit you with applicable holsters. FHP troopers do not need guns. That is a bad combination. Didn't you guys just end up having an accidental discharge in a hospital? Case in point.. Laser Atlanta it is.

Unregistered
    Your new sidearm shall be a Laser Atlanta. We will outfit you with applicable holsters. FHP troopers do not need guns. That is a bad combination. Didn't you guys just end up having an accidental discharge in a hospital? Case in point.. Laser Atlanta it is.
    oh okay troll, I'll bite.

what hospital?

Unregistered
    Can you idiots shut the PHUCK UP and worry about what’s important! I DONT CARE abiut equipment. Doesn’t feed my family. Give me a Taurus caliber .22 dor what i give a PHUCK. How many of you idiots have even taken out your gun? NEVER! let’s talk about a step plan and pay raises morons. Who cares about cars, pr-24, riffles, etc. name 1 Trooper in the history of FHP that has used his riffle? NEVER. You don’t need it to 10-65 crashes. If they give you a 1990 ford crown vic just be 105 everyday but if they give you a 3 digit step plan, then that’s worth a topic. MOVE ON. Most of dont care about equipment. My family will not be eating a glock or a berreta. Look at you idiots talk... this is what the highway patrol hires.. a bunch of Pussies.... yes PU$$ies. Man up and shut the phuck up already.
    Yes pay raises are important no doubt, but you need go see a psychiatrist. I have had to draw my weapon on duty plenty of times, and I pray to God I never have to take someone down before my career ends. This year's trooper of the year had to though and there are plenty others as well who have had that unfortunate choice. Sad you are so angry, maybe you should find another job!

Unregistered
    THe military is having tons of problems with the P320! So no not a good choice... I am not a huge Glock Fan Boy however they just work and there is a reason they hold about 85% or more of the US Law Enforcement Market.
    As someone who was intimately involved in such procurements by a number of agencies, I can say without fear of contradiction that the reason Glock has the lion's share of LE bidness is COST. Do they work? Absolutely. I'm a fanboy. However, others work as well and just about any modern striker-fired handgun is more than adequate for LE work. In the final analysis though, the bottom line is what put most of them out there, especially where the agency is doing the buying.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast