New sidearm
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New sidearm

Unregistered

New sidearm

Since Colonel announced we are going to Sig Sauer patrol rifles all roads lead to Sig as our new duty weapon. Staff at academy really tight lipped, some even said the PBA is already aware of it. Has anybody heard anything different? This isn't a "let's bash Sig Sauer" post, just a question.

Unregistered
    Why does FHP always have to be different and try to reinvent the wheel. SIGS are nice guns but cost almost twice as much as a Glock. Plus the SAO/DAK/ OR Double single action most shooters dont practice enough to be good. Plus the mags rust. Why not just get 9mm or 45 ACP Glocks like 85% of all LEO agencies in the US??? I just dont get it..

Unregistered
    I would suggest you follow the money, since it always seems to influence the decisions. In the case when an agency spends more money than they need to, it always means there is money flowing back the other way into someone's pocket. There has never been any other logical explanation that has proven to be true, regardless of what you hear from the decision makers. 'We finally gave you guys some good stuff and you are complaining', etc. BS, someone got greased and good.

Unregistered
    I’ve heard they have yet to choose a new sidearm. Sig Sauer P320 and Walther PPQ are the top contenders. Both are striker fired (like the Glock) but do have metal mags. 9mm and .45 acp were definitely the calibers being tested, not sure about .40 cal.

Unregistered
    Can you idiots shut the PHUCK UP and worry about what’s important! I DONT CARE abiut equipment. Doesn’t feed my family. Give me a Taurus caliber .22 dor what i give a PHUCK. How many of you idiots have even taken out your gun? NEVER! let’s talk about a step plan and pay raises morons. Who cares about cars, pr-24, riffles, etc. name 1 Trooper in the history of FHP that has used his riffle? NEVER. You don’t need it to 10-65 crashes. If they give you a 1990 ford crown vic just be 105 everyday but if they give you a 3 digit step plan, then that’s worth a topic. MOVE ON. Most of dont care about equipment. My family will not be eating a glock or a berreta. Look at you idiots talk... this is what the highway patrol hires.. a bunch of Pussies.... yes PU$$ies. Man up and shut the phuck up already.

Unregistered
    It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone paying attention. The new sidearm will be a Glock 9mm. Glock will trade one for one to include mags and holsters. No costs incurred. No budget issues. No need to retrain.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can you idiots shut the PHUCK UP and worry about what’s important! I DONT CARE abiut equipment. Doesn’t feed my family. Give me a Taurus caliber .22 dor what i give a PHUCK. How many of you idiots have even taken out your gun? NEVER! let’s talk about a step plan and pay raises morons. Who cares about cars, pr-24, riffles, etc. name 1 Trooper in the history of FHP that has used his riffle? NEVER. You don’t need it to 10-65 crashes. If they give you a 1990 ford crown vic just be 105 everyday but if they give you a 3 digit step plan, then that’s worth a topic. MOVE ON. Most of dont care about equipment. My family will not be eating a glock or a berreta. Look at you idiots talk... this is what the highway patrol hires.. a bunch of Pussies.... yes PU$$ies. Man up and shut the phuck up already.
    Man, you really, really need to get laid...sad!

Unregistered
    Man, you really, really need to get laid...sad!
    It’s really sad you idiots worry about non-sense. Worry about staffing and pay raises. Morons!!!!

Unregistered
    It’s really sad you idiots worry about non-sense. Worry about staffing and pay raises. Morons!!!!
    That's how poor people are. All they care about is what they are seen driving and what they are wearing. They could care less if they have a retirement plan or dental.

Unregistered
    I sure hope you don’t work for FHP, but to answer your question(s): Troopers are involved in plenty of cases were a gun is drawn or an unfortunate shoot out occurrs. A simple google search would return numerous cases just in the year 2018. So, just because you don’t,or haven’t done it,doesn’t mean others haven’t. So, now that the first question was answered, let’s move on to the next.

Rifle being used in FHP history? sure, first page in the google result return: November 2012, a trooper used a rifle to shoot a gun wielding suspect.

Now, please learn to write and calm down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast