Charlotte County Sheriff's Office
INVESTIGATIVE REPORT MI-18-34
Report Date: 06/19/2018
Warning
Contains entities exempt from disclosure
Primary Information
Description: Anonymous Complaint Re: Cpl. Jacob Hawkins
Occurrence From: 06/11/2018 00:00

Reporting LEO: Zakowich, Jason D (2141 / INTERNAL AFFAIRS / Charlotte County Sheriff's Office)
Relationship Information
Related Offense: Subject Officer of
Narrative
On June 11, 2018 I was working at Headquarters when I checked my Internal Affairs mailbox and observed a sealed standard mail
Narrative - Continued
envelope addressed to internal affairs. It was post marked June 8, 2018, with no return address or name. The lettering was all block
style lettering in pen. At the same time the Sheriff's secretary, Jennifer Wireman, also received a similar envelope addressed directly
to Sheriff Prummell. Both envelopes contained the exact same typed letter that were on partial sheets of paper. The letter was from
an anonymous source, indicated some concerns regarding Cpl. Jacob Hawkins.
The letter indicated Cpl. Hawkins is described as a detective, wearing detective clothing, and being of higher rank. The anonymous
person indicates he has spoken directly to Cpl. Hawkins, who tells him he is "free to come and go as he pleases and gets paid for
doing nothing". It also indicates he is frequently seen at home when he is supposed to be working, and he brags about working half
a day on Friday's and getting paid for a full day.
The letter also indicated the anonymous persons sister (no name provided) heard Cpl. Hawkins is trying to send other cops to jail
because he does not like them. Cpl. Hawkins is supposedly working with another agency, such as the FBI, on a stolen vehicle he is
trying to "frame" a cop for. Cpl. Hawkins also worked a case where the parents were sexually abusing a kid, and Cpl Hawkins knew
they did it, but did not put them in jail because they moved.
The anonymous person indicated they wanted Cpl. Hawkins supervisor to be aware, and to have this looked into.
I made contact with Cpl. Hawkin's immediate supervisor, Sgt. Nikki Wagner. I verbally explained some of the allegations with her.
She advised Cpl. Hawkins is always in on time and usually works late, and he is a supervisor she relies on to assist with other calls
when available. Sgt. Wagner indicated Cpl. Hawkin's schedule is sometimes altered due to the nature of investigations, any call outs,
etcetera, but she has no indication or concerns that he is not working or doing his job. Sgt. Wagner advised that any reports
involving a child being sexually abused would have to be approved through her, including the outcome. Sgt. Wagner did not have
any reports of that manner from Cpl. Hawkins where he should have arrested someone but did not. Sgt. Wagner also advised Cpl.
Hawkins is not working any cases with the FBI or similar agency, or on any cases involving other Law Enforcement Officers.
I verified Cpl. Hawkin's vehicle does not have GPS capabilities since it is an unmarked undercover vehicle.
Sgt. Wagner and I spoke with Cpl. Hawkins regarding the allegations, and he denied them, advising he does not know where they
would have originated from. Sgt. Wagner advised him to be mindful of his work hours, practice, and discussion of investigations
with other people outside of the agency. Cpl. Hawkins advised he understood.
Based on the allegations with no complainant to follow up with, along with no evidence or indication any of the allegations occurred,
I find they are unfounded at this time.
Record Status Information