Bob missed the call on that one
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Bob missed the call on that one

How can that shooting at the Circle A store be stand your ground Bob when the perpetrator who pushed the guy down is back-stepping when the guy pulled his gun out. You cannot use self-defense once the perpetrator starts retreating.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How can that shooting at the Circle A store be stand your ground Bob when the perpetrator who pushed the guy down is back-stepping when the guy pulled his gun out. You cannot use self-defense once the perpetrator starts retreating.
    STFU you ignorant azz!!

Unregistered
    The video does not lie just saw it on the news. Sure looks just like a simple battery. Perp was definitely retreating and not approaching guy on the ground when shot. Shooter should be charged.

Unregistered
    The video does not lie just saw it on the news. Sure looks just like a simple battery. Perp was definitely retreating and not approaching guy on the ground when shot. Shooter should be charged.
    Look this is a stand your ground case and Bobs job is not to interpret the law but to enforce it. This was a simple battery and shooter started the shzz by arguing with the guys girlfriend over a handicap parking spot. Shooter could have called the cops but no just another nut with a gun and a CCF. Victim pushed him to the ground then stopped and did not advance. In that 4 seconds shooter decides to shot victim. I wonder if that was a off duty cop in plain clothes and pushed to the ground would the outcome be the same prob an arrest for murder. This case has already been interpeteted and decided. Bernie will not reverse this BS stand your ground defense. Maybe take it to the grand jury.

Unregistered
    It's anyone's guess what will happen next but let's not forget that Bob has reversed himself before, for example the John's Pass/Virden shooting:

Here's Bob's initial statement on December 30th in support of Deputy Virden:

"While Tompkins-Holmes was handcuffed, a struggle ensued with Deputy Tim Virden, the sheriff said. During the struggle, Tompkins-Holmes reached back and grabbed Deputy Virden's gun; the deputy was able to get his gun back during the struggle.

During this time the deputy feared for his safety, and shot Tompkins-Holmes twice, once in the wrist and once in the abdomen. He was transported to the hospital, where he is currently in surgery and expected to survive. The deputy was not injured in the incident."

"The whole thing could have been avoided if he just sat there and minded his own business, and didn't interfere with their investigation," said Sheriff Gualtieri, "We wouldn't be standing here talking about it."

But a few weeks later Bob reversed himself:

"Nothing is more important than the truth," Gualtieri said in a Friday news conference. "Making a mistake is human. Lying about it and making up facts that couldn't have happened is not, and that is wrong and will not stand."

"At a Friday news conference, he reversed course.

“Simply put, Deputy Virden’s version of events did not and could not happen, and there was no legal justification for the shooting of Dylan Tompkins-Holmes,” Gualtieri said."

http://www.fox13news.com/news/fox-13...d-manslaughter

Unregistered
    STFU you ignorant azz!!
    Dear Bob’s *****,

Not even 2nd Amendment supporting CWP folks are comfortable with this case. It should scare the shit out of you that merely pushing someone could give them cause to shoot and kill you. So you walk out of a store and some asshole is going off on your spouse and you’re just going to watch? You’re telling me you would just talk it out? That dead guy would have been so justified in pushing that angry stranger away from his girlfriend. I don’t care what his race is, his history is, I don’t care if he was wanted. He clearly pushed that guy. He could have kicked him, punched him, tackled him, but he didn’t. He used a reasonable amount of force in defense of his girlfriend and got ****ing killed for it. He PUSHED him!!! If he was getting ready to keep up an attack then fine. But the dead guy stopped. He wasn’t in an offensive posture or anything. That guy pulled out a gun and shot a man who was just standing there. You can what if the shit out of this. Go ahead and argue it wouldn’t have happened if she didn’t park there. It wouldn’t have happened if he didn’t push the guy. That is ****ing ignorant. The fact this guy was not arrested is a total miscarriage of justice. BG committed nonfiesence in collusion with a spineless State Attorney who won’t even send it to a grand jury. He will shop a Judge and get it filed away. This stand your ground bullshit is not what was intended. And now we have people getting shot over arguments and bullshit. I guess people who get pushed, punched or kicked will start thinking they can just blast away now. That is ridiculous. BG find your balls. Right now they would fit in a Tic Tac container. Way to embarrass Pinellas County.

Unregistered
    You guys really have no life

Unregistered
    STFU James.

Unregistered
    I have worked here for a long time and for the most part, I support our sheriff. I really disagree with his decision on this case. I would have absolutely gone x15 for sg5 and let the SAO work it out.

Unregistered
    If they x15 and theyre wrong though, the agency is liable in civil court. We wont even chase criminals in an effort to reduce liability, why the hell would he let this guy go x15?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast