Applicant - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applicant

Unregistered
    Very few if any of us started out with a negative attitude or outlook but if you do this job for any time at all it will have that effect on you. You can say all you want that you leave work at work, but it still consumes your soul until you quit, retire or kill yourself. Stay the hell away, this job sucks, everyone out there is guilty of something and you will likely be a divorced, suicidal alcoholic before you are thirty.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very few if any of us started out with a negative attitude or outlook but if you do this job for any time at all it will have that effect on you. You can say all you want that you leave work at work, but it still consumes your soul until you quit, retire or kill yourself. Stay the hell away, this job sucks, everyone out there is guilty of something and you will likely be a divorced, suicidal alcoholic before you are thirty.
    And that was back in the GOOD OLD DAYS.

Back then, a few booger eaters were out to get you but if you were competent, you could pull down 30 no sweat. Now you have all of the politics, the Command Staff here and other places no longer support a good employee but will shaft one in a hot second. You have crap like Black Lives matter, the Uhurus, Sovereign citizens, countless S20, all of the basket cases who want to pull the "suicide by cop" stunt, the news media. You could end up in court, prison or a body bag just for doing your job. Nobody has your back, except other cops and that seems to be fading too. I could count the people who support us on one hand. Much less than that. If you started in 2019, I couldn't wait to see what a mess you would be by 2049.

Unregistered
    Yes, the good old days, when you could do some time on the rubber gun squad and be back in patrol with no problems.
    I hate this place now so much but am afraid to retire.

Unregistered
    i too hate this place but not sure about starting all over again in a new career field...

if i had to pick a reason as to why, it would have to be the command staff here that ruined it. the promise of a brotherhood is all bs at this place. i'm sure there are still some good departments to work for...but like people above me just explained, there's so much liability in this job, it's almost a coin flip if you'll make it without getting seriously hurt, sued or arrested. all that risk for very little reward...cops don't make crap for $

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12