Applicant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applicant

kdog

Applicant

I was wondering about a job. I have a culinary background but want something more rewarding. I’m 5’08 and about 250. Is the academy difficult or is it basic videos and law class? I took Ta koon do years ago. What about running? I’m not much of a runner? What can I expect? I like my current job but need to make a difference; the kitchen is no longer rewarding. How long before I can maybe look into SWAT?

Unregistered
    Academy is mostly videos and shooting. You don't have to run, you can walk. Very rewarding career. You can apply to SWAT after 1 year FTO.

Unregistered
    WTF, Over? Hey fat ass, put down the fork and hit the pavement. We do not need anymore jelly bellies waddling around in uniform who cannot back up a fellow officer unless it is at the lunch wagon. For all that is good and holy, stay the hell away from law enforcement!

Kdog
    I’m trying to lose weight and I’m super strong. I was just asking about a job no need to be rude. I could probably toss you around like a Happy Meal. What is fto? Im not saying I’m trying out for Delta Force.

Unregistered
    You should approach this career like you are going to be in a fight for your life or that of a fellow Officer at any moment because you very well may be. Strength is nice, but if you do not have the cardio to back it up, you are just about as worthless. You are going to be carrying a lot of heavy gear in the heat and rain and may have to fight someone or several someone's who are strong, doped up and will not feel pain even after their bones are broken or they have been shot.

You have to have the common sense, intestinal fortitude, and courage to stay in the fight and win. Forget about minimizing the requirements to get hired or through the basic Academy; they are a damn joke. You should want to be in the best shape, physically and mentally, and take this career as serious as it is. You do not and it is obvious.

I stand by what I said earlier, do something else entirely or change your mindset. When and If you come to the FTO Squad, if you are assigned to me with your current attitude, I will change it for you, or you will not be successful. FTO is the Field Training portion of your probationary period where you are assigned to a Field Training Officer (FTO) after the Academy over several phases of increasing responsibility before being released to solo patrol. There are plenty of Probationary Officers who do not succeed here for a variety of reasons.

If you think I am rude that is just too bad; this career is very rude and in-your-face toxic. I do not think you will care for it at all. I have a sense about these things.

Unregistered
    You sound like a **** and I will snap kick the fto out of you. State law.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog View Post
    I was wondering about a job. I have a culinary background but want something more rewarding. I’m 5’08 and about 250. Is the academy difficult or is it basic videos and law class? I took Ta koon do years ago. What about running? I’m not much of a runner? What can I expect? I like my current job but need to make a difference; the kitchen is no longer rewarding. How long before I can maybe look into SWAT?
    You want something rewarding? Having the guy you busted for carjacking 5 times out before you even finish the paperwork, yeah scooter, that's rewarding! Being shot at for being a cop, trying to make the city safe with your hands tied behind your back and the command staff sneaking around trying to stab you in the back, THAT's rewarding. Find something else to do with your life. This isn't Chips or Adam 12

Unregistered
    i couldn't imagine why anyone would want to be a cop in this day and age...

Unregistered
    You guys are very negative. I don’t take my work home with me (unless it’s in a to go box). You shouldn’t represent your agency in this manner. Btw, i ran a mile yesterday in under 14 minutes. Can I keep you guys updated on my progress? Any pt tips that don’t insult me?

Unregistered
    Yes, please do keep us updated. Could you please also include some video links of you running or doing 'Ta Koon Do', whatever the hell that is so that we may offer respectful tips for improvement or encouragement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast