Cost of living
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of living

Sniper

Cost of living

I can no longer afford to work here and I have to start looking for a new career. It cost $ 71 000 yearly income to purchase a home in Lee County. My banker advised me that while applying for a 1 time home purchase. On my salary and I do have a nice car. I qualified for a 100,000 home. There are no homes available in that price range and I don't have $ 50, 000 to put down. My banker was shocked at our salary. I have to seriously look at a higher paying police job or a new career.
    These are real problem and need real leadership to address these issues. But since we don't have any leadership.

Unregistered
    A starting teacher, cop, nurse, etc cannot afford a home at the starting pay they get. That includes LCSO CCPD FMPD FGCU FSW CCSO and Port Authority. If your a millennial thiat job is definitely the wrong job for you, nothing happens quick in government. It won’t matter who the leader is the starting pay for all those jobs average around $43,000. Enjoy your new quick paying career

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I can no longer afford to work here and I have to start looking for a new career. It cost $ 71 000 yearly income to purchase a home in Lee County. My banker advised me that while applying for a 1 time home purchase. On my salary and I do have a nice car. I qualified for a 100,000 home. There are no homes available in that price range and I don't have $ 50, 000 to put down. My banker was shocked at our salary. I have to seriously look at a higher paying police job or a new career.
    These are real problem and need real leadership to address these issues. But since we don't have any leadership.
    Perhaps you should try to live within your means. Just because you want something doesn’t mean that you have to have it. Rent an apartment or condo or house. I am not justifying our poor pay but you have options other than whining about your financial insecurity on LEO Affairs. Everybody wants to whine and make no effort to fix things. On second thought, maybe you should leave and free a spot for someone who would be happy to have a job.

Unregistered

If they leave!!

if someone leaves it won’t matter! Because that only leaves a few, maybe 60 certified open positions for Lee County. We can’t seem to catch up! I wonder why?

Unregistered
    Most leave and come crawling back. Leave!

Unregistered
    Come work in Narcotics. Make some arrest steal half the door and money then put it back on the street like they have been. You will be able to afford 2 houses.

Unregistered
    Dope that is. Heroin and Meth are big here right now. Easy sales

Unregistered

Raises

Anything less than 6% is an insult

Unregistered
    Talk is they are going back to merit raises. 2.5% cost of living and 2.5% if your supervisor likes you.

Unregistered
    Raid the evidence room. Quickest route to success. Its how MS trained them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast