Thinking About Calling It Quits - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First off, I was trying to help as a former fellow LEO to give some basic info on the Claims job and you are being a friggin jackass. I am free to opine on what I see as laziness, corrective action and I did. Further, I do not think you are the OP because you seem to have a more in depth knowledge of insurance by the types of questions you ask.

You are probably one of those 'lawyers' that surfs this website...and one that reps PIP/BI clients in the hopes of making a payday from a LIST Claim or one of those lazy POS employees that got fired for not showing up, nor doing anything when they did...good luck with that my litigious friend...

In case you missed it, Florida is a Right to Work State and we are all, for the most part, at-will employees who rely on honest effort for honest pay. Few reputable companies can afford to hire, train and fire performing personnel for the hell of it and most do not.

I am not going to answer any more of your questions...you will have to pay someone to provide that info to you; I know, it sucks, right?
    You are absolutely correct I am not the OP and you are correct again I know an awful lot about insurance. I can also assure you my LE experience is extremely extensive. So ****wad thank you for alerting the OP to the kinds of fools that inhabit desks in close proximity to his own. And we can assume since you claim I believe to have LE time you should be better than most. Your hissy fit is commendable. You didnt answer the questions because for the most part youre most likely all talk and have no clue.

Jackass? Hey clueless dipchit make this statement in a corporate environment overheard by the right woman and see how long you have a job and how much it costs the company if it was made in the employment/termination process "The type that show up three hours late or not at all and then come in two days later like everything is fine and have to leave early because they have a child care issue again."

And look how frustrated your ignorant, inane, lame azz is over BI claims and suits lol. Getting spanked in court are you? Gee does that make you mad? lol.

Now this was funny "In case you missed it, Florida is a Right to Work State and we are all, for the most part, at-will employees who rely on honest effort for honest pay. Few reputable companies can afford to hire, train and fire performing personnel for the hell of it and most do not." In the proper functioning of the FOP they would come to bat for you if you were wronged on the job but in your insurance career lol who would? Why youd run to who if you were wronged? A litigious friend. So stop your rapping silly boy. And the most important question was about an SIU and it was extremely important and relevant and you blew that completely.

But thanks for the whine it was very informative for the OP and anyone else thinking about a career in insurance and who may wind up being surrounded by clowns like you. Now dont you wish you could put those fraudsters in jail? But awwwww you cant now can you?

Unregistered
    You are absolutely correct I am not the OP and you are correct again I know an awful lot about insurance. I can also assure you my LE experience is extremely extensive. So ****wad thank you for alerting the OP to the kinds of fools that inhabit desks in close proximity to his own. And we can assume since you claim I believe to have LE time you should be better than most. Your hissy fit is commendable. You didnt answer the questions because for the most part youre most likely all talk and have no clue.

Jackass? Hey clueless dipchit make this statement in a corporate environment overheard by the right woman and see how long you have a job and how much it costs the company if it was made in the employment/termination process "The type that show up three hours late or not at all and then come in two days later like everything is fine and have to leave early because they have a child care issue again."

And look how frustrated your ignorant, inane, lame azz is over BI claims and suits lol. Getting spanked in court are you? Gee does that make you mad? lol.

Now this was funny "In case you missed it, Florida is a Right to Work State and we are all, for the most part, at-will employees who rely on honest effort for honest pay. Few reputable companies can afford to hire, train and fire performing personnel for the hell of it and most do not." In the proper functioning of the FOP they would come to bat for you if you were wronged on the job but in your insurance career lol who would? Why youd run to who if you were wronged? A litigious friend. So stop your rapping silly boy. And the most important question was about an SIU and it was extremely important and relevant and you blew that completely.

But thanks for the whine it was very informative for the OP and anyone else thinking about a career in insurance and who may wind up being surrounded by clowns like you. Now dont you wish you could put those fraudsters in jail? But awwwww you cant now can you?
    Thanks for the lesson all knowing one....I retired from DIF as a second LE career and know everything I need to know about FS 817, 440, etc...worked all the BS staged PIP scams, viatical cases and other crap I ever care to as a LEO. Now I sit on my ass as that elusive SIU guy you talk about and read this board when I am not taking EUO's and other silly shit for pretty good money, just because I do not want to sit home all day and listen to my wife ***** about hot flashes . Get Bent!

Unregistered
    Thanks for the lesson all knowing one....I retired from DIF as a second LE career and know everything I need to know about FS 817, 440, etc...worked all the BS staged PIP scams, viatical cases and other crap I ever care to as a LEO. Now I sit on my ass as that elusive SIU guy you talk about and read this board when I am not taking EUO's and other silly shit for pretty good money, just because I do not want to sit home all day and listen to my wife ***** about hot flashes . Get Bent!
    Big twime doo nuffin hewo. And you tried to steer a guy from a good job to a claims job? You should be friggin ashamed of yourself.

Unregistered
    You are the only one here throwing fits and no one invited you to the conversation. The OP is a patrol dog with a few years of experience and a college degree who is burned out on LE. He does not have the experience or the resume for SIU, but would probably do well in as a Claims Rep for any reputable company. USAA is not the only game in town and may not be convenient for him, depending upon where he lives, but there are others. Geico and Progressive are also good entry-level jobs with good, paid training profit sharing. Then, with a few years of claims experience and that LE background he may be more appealing as a Fire/Theft loss Claims or SIU candidate. Either way, he will need the 6-20 license and you get this and more in-depth experience working claims for a few years before going into one of the more specialized claims investigative units.

And, with the claims experience, he can always go to DIF down the road; they would be happy to have him. He would have the college degree, not lose any of his previous FRS time from the road at Pasco and would definitely be able to comprehend the case files and such much easier than the typical second career retired Detective (like myself) coming over from another agency. My final suggestion to the OP on this topic would be to stay at Pasco as a Reserve Deputy or gain a like position elsewhere to maintain your LE certification while you are working in the claims field in case you decide you do want to go to DIF, which is the State's Division of Insurance Fraud. It is a Mon-Fri gig with no weekends or nights for the absolute majority of the job unless you get involved in one of the bigger search warrants or federal U/C cases...and even the feds try their best to work bankers hours. Occasionally, you may have to travel to a different field office to help them with a large search or arrest warrant but it is only once or so a year. Of course, in-service training is sometimes held at Pat Thomas Academy in Tallahassee as well, but that was under the old regime so things may have changed. It is a good job, but the pay is mediocre as COLA raises are legislature-dependent and only come around perhaps twice a decade. I would stay with the insurance company for about five years in claims, go to DIF until you retire from the FRS and then apply for an SIU job if you still want or need to work.

My intentions are honorable and my advice is sound. It is based upon actual experience. I do not know why this other fella ever felt the need to join the conversation or harass me.

Unregistered
    You are the only one here throwing fits and no one invited you to the conversation. The OP is a patrol dog with a few years of experience and a college degree who is burned out on LE. He does not have the experience or the resume for SIU, but would probably do well in as a Claims Rep for any reputable company. USAA is not the only game in town and may not be convenient for him, depending upon where he lives, but there are others. Geico and Progressive are also good entry-level jobs with good, paid training profit sharing. Then, with a few years of claims experience and that LE background he may be more appealing as a Fire/Theft loss Claims or SIU candidate. Either way, he will need the 6-20 license and you get this and more in-depth experience working claims for a few years before going into one of the more specialized claims investigative units.

And, with the claims experience, he can always go to DIF down the road; they would be happy to have him. He would have the college degree, not lose any of his previous FRS time from the road at Pasco and would definitely be able to comprehend the case files and such much easier than the typical second career retired Detective (like myself) coming over from another agency. My final suggestion to the OP on this topic would be to stay at Pasco as a Reserve Deputy or gain a like position elsewhere to maintain your LE certification while you are working in the claims field in case you decide you do want to go to DIF, which is the State's Division of Insurance Fraud. It is a Mon-Fri gig with no weekends or nights for the absolute majority of the job unless you get involved in one of the bigger search warrants or federal U/C cases...and even the feds try their best to work bankers hours. Occasionally, you may have to travel to a different field office to help them with a large search or arrest warrant but it is only once or so a year. Of course, in-service training is sometimes held at Pat Thomas Academy in Tallahassee as well, but that was under the old regime so things may have changed. It is a good job, but the pay is mediocre as COLA raises are legislature-dependent and only come around perhaps twice a decade. I would stay with the insurance company for about five years in claims, go to DIF until you retire from the FRS and then apply for an SIU job if you still want or need to work.

My intentions are honorable and my advice is sound. It is based upon actual experience. I do not know why this other fella ever felt the need to join the conversation or harass me.
    The last part of your advice is sound the first far from it. You got called out on it and whined away. Get a tissue if you dont like the rebuttal. Harass? Mr. Bigshot defective read who started the name calling "and you are being a friggin jackass" then shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadup. Its good you went to DIF because you wouldnt have made it on the street in the real world Skippy.

Unregistered
    You must be a jailer or have a serious reading comprehension issue. DIF was my second LE pension, I spent thirty years after coming home from Vietnam at one of the largest local agencies there is, and most of that time was on the street. When we were not allowed to do things the right way anymore, I went inside. I was not going to lose my pension because of citizen complaints.

You are definitely not out for the best interest of the OP, that is for sure, all you care about is being heard...and what you have to say is not worthwhile!

Unregistered
    You must be a jailer or have a serious reading comprehension issue. DIF was my second LE pension, I spent thirty years after coming home from Vietnam at one of the largest local agencies there is, and most of that time was on the street. When we were not allowed to do things the right way anymore, I went inside. I was not going to lose my pension because of citizen complaints.

You are definitely not out for the best interest of the OP, that is for sure, all you care about is being heard...and what you have to say is not worthwhile!
    A shining example of Florida law enforcement. Ran from the street collected a pension at DIF and now a no load SIU guy by his own admission/ "Now I sit on my ass as that elusive SIU guy" Probably nothing new there lolo. And youre still rapping because someone pulled your chain because your first advice sucked. WoW one of the largest local agencies there is. Boy am I unimpressed or what? lol Now talk about lack of reading comprehension Kojak "You are definitely not out for the best interest of the OP, that is for sure" Hmmmm really now try reading it again Defective. Keep rapping I am amused.

Unregistered
    I wanted to leave a response to the OP.

I was in a similar position as you. Put apps in at places like Tampa, ST Pete etc. The grass is actually greener outside of Pasco and the beautiful real estate there.

Depending on how much vacation you have, you better use it before you leave because chances are you won't get paid out.

Try and go back to when you originally decided to venture into law enforcement. It is still a great career you just have to find a place that you feel great about waking up and coming in.

Dade city and new port are pretty good places to work.

What ever you do, don't tell anyone in person that you are looking to get out because you will have a seat in IA all cleaned up and waiting for you.

If all else fails FHP really needs troopers!

Unregistered
    Thanks for the advice guys. Wife actually mentioned today that she wanted to relocate to the east coast. Might end up putting in apps for agencies over there and see where that goes.

Unregistered
    Many great places to work along east coast plus its beautiful there. Run from pasco as fast as you can! Like previously mentioned, be quiet about it. Don't tell anyone until you're ready to put your resignation in. You'll get the sick time and vacation time paid that you have accrued. Best wishes brother!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast