Reserve positions

Unregistered

Reserve positions

Hello, I’m currently a full time LEO and have almost three years experience in the Orlando area, with one year as a investigator. I am trying to come back home to the homestead area.

I see Homestead is routinely hiring for reserves but not full time officers. Does HPD ever open up for full time or Do they usually just hire from the reserve pool? If so, how long do you have to reserve before being allowed to transfer to full time.

I really would like to come back home and wouldn’t mind reserving for a while to make it happen.

Unregistered
    Also, can you work details as a reserve?

Unregistered

Answers

Homestead normally hires from reserves, and yes you can work details but full time officers get first bids. Be aware Miami Dade is hiring as well as the Miami Dade School Board. I would suggest on line applying with the two Miami Dade Departments. apply with Homestead as a reserve if you don’t get hired by Miami Dade.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Homestead normally hires from reserves, and yes you can work details but full time officers get first bids. Be aware Miami Dade is hiring as well as the Miami Dade School Board. I would suggest on line applying with the two Miami Dade Departments. apply with Homestead as a reserve if you don’t get hired by Miami Dade.
    I copy, thanks for the reply.