Load-Bearing Vests Migrate from Troops to Cops

Unregistered

Load-Bearing Vests Migrate from Troops to Cops

https://www.military.com/kitup/2015/...te-troops.html

This article is from 2015 so keep in mind that even more agencies have adopted tactical load bearing vests. My question is: when will this agency finally get with modern trends in LEO equipment and issue tactical load bering vests? They make a lot more sense than carrying a 12 lb batman utility belt around your waist. That is so 70s and 80s old style. We are always told that Sheriff Bob only wants the best and latest gear for us. I am relatively new at this agency but a lot of younger guys like myself would like the option of a load bearing vest rather than the heavy belt. It makes it a lot easier for people of smaller stature and women to carry equipment and looks more tactical like SWAT. Or at least allow us to buy our own vests. Either way, it would increase comfort and ability to do the job.

Unregistered
    Are you the same kid with the small hands complaining about our issued pistol on another thread? If so, and I think you are, just shut up, suck it up and be thankful you have a paycheck. Man, these younger kids are never satisfied!

Unregistered
    There's already a thread about this....

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...hlight=shotgun

Unregistered
    The key phrase is “looks more tactical like SWAT. “ If you want to be on SWAT then go try out.

Unregistered
    OMG, retirement can't come soon enough.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The key phrase is “looks more tactical like SWAT. “ If you want to be on SWAT then go try out.
    Or you could go to VCTF and wear whatever you want, have a drop down holster, grow a beard, wear earrings and a baseball cap on backwards.

Unregistered
    They are protected for the time being by the sheriff and the stache.