.058/.056 bac - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .058/.056 bac

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you’ve never stopped a citizen who was borderline and told them that you think they’ve had too much to drink,(but obviously not sh!t faced drunk), and had a family member come and pick them up? This looks like this could have been the case here (with the low bac numbers).

So after the SAO throws the case out, will the deputy bring a lawsuit?

Unregistered
    So after the SAO throws the case out, will the deputy bring a lawsuit?
    And just what would the grounds of the lawsuit be?

Unregistered

No PC

Discrimination against HCSO LEOs

Etc

Etc

Unregistered
    Seems to me that if they only made this arrest because as a deputy he is held to a ”higher standard” than they violated his rights stretching weak “PC” to justify this. Hard for me to believe that a 28 year old abled body fit young deputy would have done bad on SFSTs when he’s under .08. The point is he has rights and if we give so many civilians breaks under similar circumstances why in the hell wouldn’t we do it for our own. I’ve watched DUI units throw back people who did decent on SFSTs to then blow a .12 or .13 on the PBT after. You are messing with someone’s life. A few beers under .08 out on a boat with decent performance on SFSTs is just not illegal, period, so he should have been arrested. Shame on the arresting deputy, this man probably has bills, family, responsibitlies. We are humans too and we deserve to unwind and have a good time without worrying about our own coming to roast on a BS witch hunt that we wouldn’t even subject a dirt bag on the street to.

Unregistered
    No PC

Etc

Etc
    Any Law Enforcement agency patrolling public waterways have the right to stop any boat, with no probably cause whatsover... The arrest itself, was probably a good arrest due to the fact that the Deputy could articulate the strong smell of an alcoholic beverage, slurred speach, wattery bloodshot eyes.. The fact that he blew over .05 also shows impairment.. So I doubt he would win a lawsuit, but could easily beat the charges... If he beats the charge, I would personally argue that other deputies have been rehired for worse then this.. The fact that he was still on probation doesn't help him out though.. We shall see...

Unregistered
    Any Law Enforcement agency patrolling public waterways have the right to stop any boat, with no probably cause whatsover... The arrest itself, was probably a good arrest due to the fact that the Deputy could articulate the strong smell of an alcoholic beverage, slurred speach, wattery bloodshot eyes.. The fact that he blew over .05 also shows impairment.. So I doubt he would win a lawsuit, but could easily beat the charges... If he beats the charge, I would personally argue that other deputies have been rehired for worse then this.. The fact that he was still on probation doesn't help him out though.. We shall see...

Yeah, but hcso COWERS when someone speaks the word "lawsuit."

Unregistered
    No PC

Etc

Etc
    LOL. Perhaps you should spend less time on fake HCSO news and more educating yourself. You might actually attain some of your goals then. Here, I’ll nudge you in the right direction....research the Good Faith Doctrine. Discrimination against HCSO LEOS LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don’t ever stop posting, you make me realize how easy it is to stand out when folks like you are the competition.

Unregistered
    LOL. Perhaps you should spend less time on fake HCSO news and more educating yourself. You might actually attain some of your goals then. Here, I’ll nudge you in the right direction....research the Good Faith Doctrine. Discrimination against HCSO LEOS LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don’t ever stop posting, you make me realize how easy it is to stand out when folks like you are the competition.
    Here we go with your insults, AGAIN!!! (yawn )

You do know that at least one woman won a lawsuit because her coffee was hot, don't you?

Winning a lawsuit has very little to do with whether or not the defendant had the right to do something. Winning a lawsuit is about who can put on the best dog and pony show. And, with the current anti-law enforcement agency climate in America, juries are much more likely to side with the "poor, lone, discriminated against employee" than with "THE 4th largest Sheriff's Office in the nation."

Again, winning lawsuits has very little to do with whether or not the defendant had the right to do something. After all I can't tell you how many times I've heard this from Majors on up at the S.O. "Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD."

So, yeah, if I were a private attorney, I'd be knocking on this ExDepuy's door. And, what does this ExDeputy have to lose by bringing the lawsuit? Is he gonna het fired?

Unregistered
    wow, looks like a BAD arrest all the way around, im sure deputy was not only person on board drinking, who drove boat in? was that person give breathalyzer? may have put public in more danger by someone with higher BAC, ASA should throw this out and arresting deputy given more training

Unregistered
    Might have to do with him fleeing to elude on the watercraft, switching drivers when he thought the marine unit wouldn't see, among many other indicators of impairment. Sounds like they did him a favor by only charging DUI and not the felony he committed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast