Questions, Questions, Questions!!

Unregistered

Questions, Questions, Questions!!

Hi all,

I'm looking to place my application in for St Pete Police... How's the department as far as training for officers? Department issued equipment and technology? Vehicles(going to all Explorers soon)? Politics in the deparment (Im sure as ALL departments there are politics being played)? How is the Promotional movement in the department? Any other good information I should be aware of?

I see there is a 4-6 week orientation/post academy training... What's that like and include? Do you have to get Tasered and OCd again, even if you have prior(UGH)?

I hope to hear some awsome honest feedback! Looking to possibly leave my current department and come over to St Pete.

(Lots of questions but I want to ensure I make the right next step in my career)

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to place my application in for St Pete Police... How's the department as far as training for officers? Department issued equipment and technology? Vehicles(going to all Explorers soon)? Politics in the deparment (Im sure as ALL departments there are politics being played)? How is the Promotional movement in the department? Any other good information I should be aware of?

I see there is a 4-6 week orientation/post academy training... What's that like and include? Do you have to get Tasered and OCd again, even if you have prior(UGH)?

I hope to hear some awsome honest feedback! Looking to possibly leave my current department and come over to St Pete.

(Lots of questions but I want to ensure I make the right next step in my career)

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!
    EVerything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of the PD
    Everything is awesome, when you're living out a dream
    Everything is better when we stick together
    Some have said you and I are gonna win forever?
    Lets party forever
    We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all working in harmony
    Everything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of the PD
    Woo! 3, 2, 1, go!
    Have you heard the news? Everyone's talkin'
    Life is good 'cause everything awesome
    Lost my job, there's a new opportunity
    More free time for my awesome community
    I feel more awesome than an awesome possum
    Dip my body in chocolate frostin'
    Three years later wash off the frostin'
    Smellin' like a blossom, everything is awesome
    Stepped in mud, got new brown shoes
    It's awesome to win and it's awesome to lose
    Everything is better when we stick together
    Side by side, you and I gonna win forever?
    Let's party forever
    We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all working in harmony
    Blue skies, bouncy springs, we just named a few awesome things
    A Nobel prize, a piece of string
    You know what's awesome? Everything!
    Dogs with fleas, allergies
    A book of Greek antiquities
    Brand new pants, a very old vest
    Awesome items are the best
    Trees, (frogs), clogs, they're awesome
    Rocks, clocks, and socks, they're awesome
    Figs, and jigs, and twigs, that's awesome
    Everything you see or think or say is awesome

PS - Only if you are black or related to drug dealers, otherwise it’s a giant shit bowl full of fart muppets.

SPPD for LIFE
    I love SPPD, I wish I had come here years ago. I would probably be a general by now. It’s by far the best agency to work for anywhere, period. They treat us really well, so we don’t tell a lot of people about it. Hardly anyone knows about our pool or the cookouts. We have a big privacy fence for a reason. Our pool is nice, too. If you’re not on the clock you can relax, or dip after you work out. But we come here to work, so that’s what we do. We work hard and we have the best training in the world, which allows us to handle anything that we encounter. I just got back from some Gov training out west. They taught us to rappel from stealth fighters, operate dead-drops, making out own ammunition (snipers and SWAT) and some other cool stuff. We went to Bondurant School of Driving to ensure that nobody will crack a license plate frame during a pursuit. They invest in us, and we are grateful.

Our equipment is second to none. The CIA and FSB are constantly jealous of our high-tech gadgets and weapons. The major just showed us a scope that you can just look up and down the street through it and it shows you where the drugs and BGs with warrants are! It sees right through walls and into cars. Just point it, and it shows you all of the crime. We will soon get these nifty tools. The cars are a mixed variety. I know for a fact that the city plans to buy new cars soon, it’s some new program apparently…..the officer just writes down what they want and what it should have and the city finds, buys and equips the car you want! They know that happy officers are better officers. They do everything they can to keep us all happy. They treat everyone fairly, there is no discrimination and they don’t tolerate favoritism or politics. If you’re having a down day, a Major or LT will pull you aside, ask what’s wrong and give you a cake, a bunch of money (from evidence) and tell you to take the rest of the day off.

If I could do it all over again, I would have come here when I was 18, even if I had to mop the floor before the academy started. Our command staff are GODs, I will never retire because I would rather be dead than go a day without our Majors. They have our back 24/7 and so does our Chief.
    To answer your question, You will be in heaven here, literally. What are you waiting for?

Unregistered
    you should come here because we have:

SPECIAL - IZED - UNITS!

and BOY ARE THEY SPECIAL!!!

Unregistered
    They may even pay you $64,000 a year to play basketball and drink Gatorade with the car thieves. Weekends and holidays off.

Unregistered
    They may even pay you $64,000 a year to play basketball and drink Gatorade with the car thieves. Weekends and holidays off.
    Can I smoke dope with them?

Unregistered
    You can commit felonies, Just don't post about it on social media.

Unregistered
    this is actually depressing to read....

sad thing is that nobody cares at this place...until shit affects them

Unregistered
    If you're black you can sell it. You can take bribes from your relatives who sell it. You can lose your duty weapon and not report that your felon nephew tossed it out of the car while the two of you were doing errands. You can beat the ****** out of your wife in the PD parking lot. You can destroy evidence. It's a great place to be for the right people !!!

Unregistered
    Nowhere else can you get this kind of pay.
    I wish I had started my career at SPPD sooner.
    Granted, we have some tough neighborhoods.
    Good pay, good benefits, good retirement.
    Every place has detractors, some more than others.
    Right now we have it better than TPD.
    So what are you waiting for bro?