Commander position - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    it was announced today thet Capt CM is being promoted to deputy chief, yeah, no surprise here. Is he qualified under the job description as posted, did the HR look or advertise for a better candidate???. No to both. He is not qualified simply because he still only has his HS education, does not actually have the required Bachelors degree, Yeah I know he is working on it, but so wasn't KV. As an interim chief, he was less than stellar, he pouted and lied to get his tank, spent thousands on his traffic unit and failed to bring the PD as they say up to par. CM is a political hack who has the support of Queen VC and her present entrouge. His leadership abilities have already been shown in his support of KV and his acceptance and participation in KV's antics. He was just as much responsible as KV and MP, as they say vicarious liability flows uphill. He was the top cop in patrol and responsible for all uniformed officers and we should never ever forget what transpired there. I know he has that stupid grin and tells us what we want to hear, but beware, he is the leader of the good old boys and subscribes to there philosophy Yes I get it Chief Karma is here, don't rely on him, its all been a smokescreen. Chief Karma will only be here a short time, he will be forced out as soon as his deputy chief is ready and wants his job or before Queen VC is termed out. The deputy chief is just a culpable in what has and to some extent is still transpiring at the NPPD. KV and MP needed to go, there's no question there. CM was the leader of the uniformed division and he sold his men and women right down the tubes, yeah I know what could he have done, he could have used his political influences and righted this wrong and did nothing. He is and never will be a leader, he is a political hack, even with Chief Karma's appointment nothing is going to change here as long as CM and his cronies and Capt A still remain.
    I might not fully agree with the above, but it has valid points. First I work here also, positive changes, well we will see when the dust settles. I been around to long to buy into this crap.There is a system in place for promotions. Job is posted and there are actually job requirements which must be met before you can even apply, one such is for commander and above you need a bachelors degree, not working on it, you need to have it. CM does not have any degree. This job was not posted to my knowledge, internally or externally, applications were not accepted, candidates were not interviewed as REQUIRED !!!!!! Let us not kid ourselves, he would have been appointed anyway, but the process would have been followed.The whole process is a political sham. I am not a good old boy nor am I a Kiss a$$. I have been on the tell you one thing and do the other of our Captain. He is a politician first and a somewhat LEO second. That's ok. Let us remember he himself declined to apply for the chiefs position stating he was not ready to be a leader, yet here he is being appointed second in command without following the process. He cannot hide from his past lack of leadership fiascos. Here this city admin touts change and what do they do, bypass the process, appoint there next chief, giving him a big raise. Breaking the established rules is what has gotten this PD to this point. No accountability or ethics, so really nothing has changed.

Unregistered
    I might not fully agree with the above, but it has valid points. First I work here also, positive changes, well we will see when the dust settles. I been around to long to buy into this crap.There is a system in place for promotions. Job is posted and there are actually job requirements which must be met before you can even apply, one such is for commander and above you need a bachelors degree, not working on it, you need to have it. CM does not have any degree. This job was not posted to my knowledge, internally or externally, applications were not accepted, candidates were not interviewed as REQUIRED !!!!!! Let us not kid ourselves, he would have been appointed anyway, but the process would have been followed.The whole process is a political sham. I am not a good old boy nor am I a Kiss a$$. I have been on the tell you one thing and do the other of our Captain. He is a politician first and a somewhat LEO second. That's ok. Let us remember he himself declined to apply for the chiefs position stating he was not ready to be a leader, yet here he is being appointed second in command without following the process. He cannot hide from his past lack of leadership fiascos. Here this city admin touts change and what do they do, bypass the process, appoint there next chief, giving him a big raise. Breaking the established rules is what has gotten this PD to this point. No accountability or ethics, so really nothing has changed.
    The deputy chiefs position is an appointed position at the discretion of the chief. So get off your soap box and get back to work.

Unregistered
    If you are so unhappy why dont you quit and go somewhere else.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    It is no secret that while I like and respect Morales, he would not have been my pick. If he made this choice without considering other available candidates that is concerning and a missed opportunity to bring more experience to NPPD. I am certain he realizes that Chris is a great political asset to him. It should be Chief Garrison's choice.. and he made it and will own its outcome. it is the way it works.

My bigger issue is the March 2018 commitment from Chris and Lear that he was going to get his education and then would be readied for a future promotion. Chris would return to the Captain role. We just got rid of a Chief who was fast tracked to the top without the education or needed years of experience at each rank. We cannot improve Public Trust when we say one thing and do another.

It really feels like history repeating itself... but it doesnt matter what it feels like to me. I am hopeful it is the right path for all of you AND the citizens of North Port. Time will tell...

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Mem...6J9kXH01pvBNyg
    So please share who you think who should be the deputy chief from internal candidates?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    So please share who you think who should be the deputy chief from internal candidates?
    I never advocated for an internal candidate. Anyone on staff who had the education or experience was sacrificed and/or run off. I do know there are many men and women out there seeking an opportunity to put their Education Experience to work.. See the dozens of Chief candidate applications we received.

I dont see how we expect a culture change when we reward the leadership of the failure that led us to the need for change. It is the same ol chit.. see The thumper promotions in the aftermath, see the Hide the KB games that have gone on instead of addressing the core problem as a couple of examples.

I knew this was likely when Garrison didnt reprioritize the ARV and the BWCs pushed out. He clearly is buying in hook, line and sinker then and Now with the promotion of what led us to the need for change.. it is disappointing, at least from my perspective but it isnt mine to fight anymore. It is all Garrison now. From the two major decisions thus far, I see the same old, same old. No clue as to the references made about improvements made internally in the first two weeks...

I am going to turn the corner and go another way.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 07-28-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Stephanie give it a break. I work in the pd and the new chief is making changes. We are very hopeful with what we've seen in the last two weeks. This new chief is nothing like we've seen in the past.
    Well it wasnt me.. I sign mine boy. Congrats on still having a job, you must be one of the goldenz or not experienced or smart enough to be a threat. As for a miraculous turnaround in two weeks.. that is laughable and lends me to believe you couldnt manage your way out of a wet paper bag.

As for telling me to give it a break.. well you bring your K9 Tasers and Thumpers on over and come take my constitutional rights.. cause that is the only way you will shut me down coward.

Until your yellow belly grows a back bone and a set of nads... #FO

Unregistered

Stop

This was all part of the deal when they offered Garrison the position over the other candidates that had more experience. He had to play ball with Lear and appoint Morales. Come on people. Its all going to play out soon enough.

Unregistered
    The deputy chiefs position is an appointed position at the discretion of the chief. So get off your soap box and get back to work.
    well lets see now, the chiefs position which is a appointed position was farmed out at what 17 grand of the taxpayers money and several more experienced applicants were dismissed, then HR did the advertising, applications were taken, interviews conducted and Karma was appointed. For every commander position, the process is followed, Captain the same way, even sergeants and fake corporals have to follow the process. and yet the only position which as you state is appointed without any process is Assistant chief, reeks of favoritism, political appointment. He is not qualified, at least MP had masters degrees, CM still has his HS, but as stated he is going to the KV school of continuing education for his bachelors. The process is in place to seek the best QUALIFIED applicant, not to appoint someone's political flunky. The city manager has a moral and fiscal responsibility to ensure the best qualified applicant gets the job and the big salary provided by the taxpayers. NP is no longer the city it was five years ago, younger population and we demand accountability. Are KV, Lewis and Danny boy really gone, because it sure looks like its business as usual . Promoting a person who was a key figure in destroying NPPD in the first place. As they say Fu$k up, Move up and to the victor belongs the spoils.

Unregistered
    Chief Garrison has only been there two weeks. Give the man a chance to show what he can do. All this anger is unnecessary. You all have jobs and thats what matters. You are paid well and work in a relatively safe city. This anger of who has been promoted is just a waste of breath and lowers morale. What the hell does it matter if someone has a degree or not. They can be bought and cheated for. I haven’t seen yet in my entire long career that it matters if someone has a 8x10 piece of paper the proves they are a leader. It usually makes you dumber in my opinion. Leaders are made by experience not typing APA and learning to plagiarize. Yeah a college degree is nice, but shouldn’t preclude someone from moving up the ladder. Sometimes command staff has to make choices when they are pulled in nine different directions and they aren’t favorable to everyone. This just shows you have hate pent up and long careers ahead of you. Give Garrison and Morales a chance. Maybe support them and you will be happier down the road. Infighting just destroys agencies piece by piece. Let’s stand up together with the command and get to work.

Unregistered
    Chief Garrison has only been there two weeks. Give the man a chance to show what he can do. All this anger is unnecessary. You all have jobs and thats what matters. You are paid well and work in a relatively safe city. This anger of who has been promoted is just a waste of breath and lowers morale. What the hell does it matter if someone has a degree or not. They can be bought and cheated for. I haven’t seen yet in my entire long career that it matters if someone has a 8x10 piece of paper the proves they are a leader. It usually makes you dumber in my opinion. Leaders are made by experience not typing APA and learning to plagiarize. Yeah a college degree is nice, but shouldn’t preclude someone from moving up the ladder. Sometimes command staff has to make choices when they are pulled in nine different directions and they aren’t favorable to everyone. This just shows you have hate pent up and long careers ahead of you. Give Garrison and Morales a chance. Maybe support them and you will be happier down the road. Infighting just destroys agencies piece by piece. Let’s stand up together with the command and get to work.
    wow this will certainly get you points, so basically who cares if the entire system is circumvented to appease one person, Garrision should put a stop to this and require the process, its the right thing, advertise and see who applies, most certainly the same result of Morales will prevail, but you want respect, follow the rules, that's the major problem with this place, certain people can do what they want with no accountability. Garrision preaches the talk, now do the walk. Everybody no matter who you are is accountable, without exception !!!!!. Your comments on education just show your lack of it... education makes you dumber and your paid by the taxpayers to do what ?????

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast