Commander position - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered

new chief

the new chief will probably give it 90 days he will be walking the halls and listening to everyone, and then he will either promote from within or bring someone in from the out side. Yes he will listen to the City Manager,especially if he has no contract
    The chief will prefer to promote from within since since will allow others to advance a rank.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    the new chief will probably give it 90 days he will be walking the halls and listening to everyone, and then he will either promote from within or bring someone in from the out side. Yes he will listen to the City Manager,especially if he has no contract
    The chief will prefer to promote from within since since will allow others to advance a rank.
    let's be realistic here. Lear is a mere puppet for Mayor VC and her majority vote (Hanks and Lukes) He will never ever stand up to her, if he did, he would be gone. Have we not learned anything these last few years. VC supports Morales and as long as she has the power CM will go nowhere. He will be the asst chief and he will run the show. Garrison will be a mere figurehead. This whole chief process only proceeded to this level because social media called attention to the process. Better candidates were interviewed the first time, garrison never applied and yet he was picked in the second round. This is a dog and pony show, no one is going to get fired, CM will be the chief soon, most likely before VC terms out and the good old boys will rule, its just the way it is, like it or not. Now if VC lost her majority vote then things might be different

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I dont doubt that if VC would have her way that you would be 100% right. She certainly is passing lies on the dais, did you know the 28 separations.. that 90% were retirements. She knows better, Chris knows better. I have sent her the evidence repeatedly. 3 of 5 Commissioners know what happened. VC will not be held responsible in the next election but she can and will be held accountable if she continues passing statements that she knows is untrue.

In the end, we will find out what kind a Leader Chief Garrison will be. He can continue the same charade that has been played the past years or he can bring a nw brand to the department. I have faith that h is a good cop, a strong leader and smart enough to read the tea leaves about all the bodies that fell to make way for CM... yet he isnt the Chief. THAT says something.. everyone likes Chris, he has the best of intentions but h is not Chief material and being in his way to the top tends to end careers. He should find a political role, he would excel.

Chief Garrison will sort the keepers and dump the boyz that are in over their head. He will surround himself with competent men and women that he can trust.

I continue to pray each of you get exactly what you deserve.

Unregistered

Yes Man

This discussion has made me second guess my interest in the commander position. I am not and will never be a so called yes man, I believe in holding all accountable no matter what their status within the department. If the majority of the posts are accurate and they are looking for a puppet to advance their agenda then I will fail miserably. I have almost 30 years in this profession and have never sold out, and I can't change my ways now. I wish you good luck and hope your new chief can make positive changes.

Unregistered
    And where exactly, does GA a world class idiot, fall in this mix?
    Wouldn’t that depend on if he is walking around with papers in his hands to look busy? Or if CM nudges him to wake from a nap and pulls his string allowing him mouth words of agreement in dark corner discussions of the VC/CM clique we have in place?

This discussion has made me second guess my interest in the commander position. I am not and will never be a so called yes man, I believe in holding all accountable no matter what their status within the department. If the majority of the posts are accurate and they are looking for a puppet to advance their agenda then I will fail miserably. I have almost 30 years in this profession and have never sold out, and I can't change my ways now. I wish you good luck and hope your new chief can make positive changes.
    Please don't let the nervous chatter dissuade you Sir. A strong leader wants strong leaders around him.. not sycophants. We all know we need change..

Unregistered
    let's be realistic here. Lear is a mere puppet for Mayor VC and her majority vote (Hanks and Lukes) He will never ever stand up to her, if he did, he would be gone. Have we not learned anything these last few years. VC supports Morales and as long as she has the power CM will go nowhere. He will be the asst chief and he will run the show. Garrison will be a mere figurehead. This whole chief process only proceeded to this level because social media called attention to the process. Better candidates were interviewed the first time, garrison never applied and yet he was picked in the second round. This is a dog and pony show, no one is going to get fired, CM will be the chief soon, most likely before VC terms out and the good old boys will rule, its just the way it is, like it or not. Now if VC lost her majority vote then things might be different
    This is the truth. Garrison will NOT be permitted to run things his way. Lear has a personal relationship with CM. VC has a personal relationship with CM. Nothing will happen till that dynamic changes. The first rounders got passed up because Lear was afraid they wouldn't play ball with CM. Good Luck Chief Garrison. The deck is already stacked against you.

Unregistered
    This is the truth. Garrison will NOT be permitted to run things his way. Lear has a personal relationship with CM. VC has a personal relationship with CM. Nothing will happen till that dynamic changes. The first rounders got passed up because Lear was afraid they wouldn't play ball with CM. Good Luck Chief Garrison. The deck is already stacked against you.
    I thought in the last election we as taxpayers sent a strong message that we are tired of this cronyism and political BS, but I guess it fell on deaf ears. We have an election this year, maybe its time to re enforce our message. Its time to break up the VC stacked deck. I will not vote for the incumbent JL, she is not independent and does what VC wants. Its time to shake up the commission again. We need to show VC and her cronies this is our city !!! If common sense becomes the majority then I am sure Lear is history, he just doesn't have what it takes, ba!!s and common sense.

I agree with your assessment on Hanks and Carusone. However, we disagree on JillLuke. I agree she is most often the swing vote but I strongly disagree that she is of the CH/VC voting bloc. She is.open.minded and listens to all input before casting her vote.

I like Peter Bartolotta and have met with him to discuss my concerns. He listened but I the end Economics is his motivating force not Transparency and not Accountability.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I agree with your assessment on Hanks and Carusone. However, we disagree on JillLuke. I agree she is most often the swing vote but I strongly disagree that she is of the CH/VC voting bloc. She is.open.minded and listens to all input before casting her vote.

I like Peter Bartolotta and have met with him to discuss my concerns. He listened but I the end Economics is his motivating force not Transparency and not Accountability.
    when has she voted against any item that VC supported???? at least any item of importance. I guess my assessment is she is a bobbing head for VC, open minded or not. She will never turn on VC and well CH certainly a disappointment. JL knows where her bread and butter is, she pi$se$ off the mayor and VC will hold a grudge. JL is not independent and open minded enough to warrant my vote. VC needs to lose her majority, unless CH resigns the only other option is JL, needs to go. As previously stated, the majority wanted change in the last election, here now we have somewhat the same scenario, the last commission has its majority vote and screwballs and used it to forward their agenda, now we have a new mayor and her cronies furthering her agenda. To their credit they did make personnel changes but, to only again further their agenda. Questionable ethical behavior, lack of transparency, honesty and back room deals per se. Integrality, ethics and honesty and transparency start at the top and some of us certainly do not subscribe to the do as I say, not as I do demeanor/behavior of some of our city employees and elected officials.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast