Commander position - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Appreciate

I appreciate this site, from someone from the outside that is looking to join the Northport police department it gives some insider information on the views of the agency. I know that some of the participants in this site are just throwing dirt, but the majority our giving true accounts of the culture. For an outsider looking to make a difference, if selected it is inportantant to give members a media to give their perspective of the agency as they see it. Thank you for the open discussion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Why would you want suppress this conversation at all.. ever? Would you deprive our officers a place to vent when they need to... prefer citizens to join the radical groups out there? No idea on the golden boyz part of your question. They are water under the bridge at this point. I hope you all get a fresh start and give the new Chief everything he needs from you.
    you obviously misread the post, it appears that by going forth with a promotion to a command position at this time kind of slaps the new chief in the head per se. Why the rush, we have gone months without commanders. The golden boyz are alive and well and thriving, don't be fooled. This quickie promotion is just being rushed to fill the position with one of those said boyz.

Unregistered

Waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you obviously misread the post, it appears that by going forth with a promotion to a command position at this time kind of slaps the new chief in the head per se. Why the rush, we have gone months without commanders. The golden boyz are alive and well and thriving, don't be fooled. This quickie promotion is just being rushed to fill the position with one of those said boyz.
    So you believe that the selection is already made, and all of the so called outsiders the have been selected to interview are just for show.

Unregistered
    So you believe that the selection is already made, and all of the so called outsiders the have been selected to interview are just for show.
    if the job is meant for an insider then they already know they got it, the position is being filled asap to make sure one of the friends get the job and to prevent the new chief from being involved in the process, nothing has changed, yet. Still the good old boys running the show taking care of their own......

Unregistered
    Great way to piss of the new chief before he gets here. I say no promotions per the City Manager until the new Chief starts the job. Let the real boss make the decisions.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    No matter what does or doesnt happen over the next few weeks.. in the end, when Chief Garrison arrives he will be able to retain or replace all At Will positions as he needs. If someone is promoted and isnt qualified, he will see it and them have to question the decision makers. Thus putting both promoter and promoted at risk.

It will take 6 - 12 months for this to all flush out.

Unregistered

Old system

Chief Garrison will be limited by the City Manager. Mark my words. Morales will be the assistant chief and really running the show. Garrison will be kept in line by the city manager and told to go along with Morales and maybe he has already.

Unregistered
    Chief Garrison will be limited by the City Manager. Mark my words. Morales will be the assistant chief and really running the show. Garrison will be kept in line by the city manager and told to go along with Morales and maybe he has already.
    You have been watching way too much TV. Morales will be forced out or live out his life as a captain and the new chief will bring in an experienced assistant from Lee County. Mark my words. Morales is an at will worker just like the rest of the command staff. Remember this Chief actually has real police experience from a real place that has crime. He is not going to be easy to bamboozle like the last guy.

Unregistered

Chief

I agree the chief has great experience from a very large agency. Still doesn’t mean he won’t be handcuffed by a city manager. The chief will be forced to go along with some decisions. Morales will be the assistant chief. He isn’t going anywhere. Remember city manager has final say on hiring and firing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    No matter what does or doesnt happen over the next few weeks.. in the end, when Chief Garrison arrives he will be able to retain or replace all At Will positions as he needs. If someone is promoted and isnt qualified, he will see it and them have to question the decision makers. Thus putting both promoter and promoted at risk.

It will take 6 - 12 months for this to all flush out.
    And where exactly, does GA a world class idiot, fall in this mix?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast