Commander position - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    just noticed on the NPCC FB page that the K9 unit is soliciting funds, can someone tell me why the K9 unit needs to solicit funds from the public when the NPPD has over a 16 million dollar budget??????

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    it isn't the PD that is raising funds but rather a private citizen organization raising funds FOR the K9 unit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    it isn't the PD that is raising funds but rather a private citizen organization raising funds FOR the K9 unit.
    Stephanie, You are correct. A private citizen is raising the finds. This is very common among law enforcement agencies across the entire country. If some of these people would get beyond the borders of North Port maybe they would know that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stephanie, You are correct. A private citizen is raising the finds. This is very common among law enforcement agencies across the entire country. If some of these people would get beyond the borders of North Port maybe they would know that.

Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation.

Unregistered
    Wow. Yes some agencies with smaller budgets beg for money but most have strict polices in place to not accept this type of donation.
    Man you really are not that smart. Here is just on article I found in 30 seconds. Pasco SO is like 10 times the size of NPPD. Hernando SO is bigger also. Educate yourself before you post stupid stuff. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-ribs/

Unregistered
    Man you really are not that smart. Here is just on article I found in 30 seconds. Pasco SO is like 10 times the size of NPPD. Hernando SO is bigger also. Educate yourself before you post stupid stuff. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-ribs/
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...9-dogs/2292888

Unregistered
    I guess Tampa PD is small also. I can keep going but I think I made my point. https://www.tampagov.net/news/three-new-k-9s-join-tpd

Unregistered
    I guess Tampa PD is small also. I can keep going but I think I made my point. https://www.tampagov.net/news/three-new-k-9s-join-tpd
    the point is simple, NPPD used to have 5 dogs and a 13 million budget, all was paid for including the expensive once a year trips to convention/.matches, Now we have two dogs and a 16 million dollar budget, the dogs have the best of everything and yet soliciting private donations, I ask, for what. I really dnt care about other departments, most do not fund the K9 like NPPD does, they are the elite, they were KV's boys. It is certainly an acceptable practice, if the unit is underfunded, but with only a couple dogs and full funding, what is the xtra money for.....in this case maybe for someone to train this dog since he doesn't listen to commands.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I thought it was kind of cool. No idea what is or is not norm. I know there is usually a Shop with a Cop program where the cops hawks for donations. Maybe that is different, not sure.

The part that i was uncomfortable with was the posting of the lost Belgians, ONLY because we dont do the same when grannie loses Fluffy. It could be misinterpreted as special treatment for a special supporter.

Unregistered
    the point is simple, NPPD used to have 5 dogs and a 13 million budget, all was paid for including the expensive once a year trips to convention/.matches, Now we have two dogs and a 16 million dollar budget, the dogs have the best of everything and yet soliciting private donations, I ask, for what. I really dnt care about other departments, most do not fund the K9 like NPPD does, they are the elite, they were KV's boys. It is certainly an acceptable practice, if the unit is underfunded, but with only a couple dogs and full funding, what is the xtra money for.....in this case maybe for someone to train this dog since he doesn't listen to commands.
    You make it sounds like the budget for K9 is in the millions. Before you spout off why don't you arm yourself with facts. I blasted you silly educated comments out of the water as far as you claiming only small departments ask for money. You then switch to how much money the budget is. We both know the K9 budget is not 16 million. Do some research, ask some questions and then post something based upon facts.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast