+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 159
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Commander position

    I have been selected to interview for the Commander position. I was hoping to hear from the ground troops what they are looking for in the command staff, that is lacking within your department.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been selected to interview for the Commander position. I was hoping to hear from the ground troops what they are looking for in the command staff, that is lacking within your department.
    education, experience as a supervisor, putting aside the previous fu#k up move up way things were done, weeding out the a$$kissers and promote the one who, with the new chief, will move this place into a positive direction and most important, one who will stand by the troops when they are right and not tolerate the antics of the past.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Bring back the lieutenants. Earn your spot through hard work and experience

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Someone who doesn’t use this ridiculous website mostly.

  5. #5
    Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,175
    Ridiculous? How so?

    It was THIS site that drove the changes that many of us wanted. I think this could be an awesome site to engage openly with staff where they needn't fear being punished for raising issues. I know the prior Chief was not a fan. Gee I wonder why?

    Yeah there are asshats that post nonsense but easy enough to scroll past and seek those posters who are trying to contribute to the turn around. A wise leader would keep an eye on the conversations and take action to correct if need be.

    Good luck with your application to be Commander.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    education, experience as a supervisor, putting aside the previous fu#k up move up way things were done, weeding out the a$$kissers and promote the one who, with the new chief, will move this place into a positive direction and most important, one who will stand by the troops when they are right and not tolerate the antics of the past.
    It has been policy in the past to overlook ones previous criminal record. Just because he/they were hired and this was overlooked and then promoted because they did the dirty work, does not mean that the or he should be promoted any further. If you want to actually change the image of this dept honor, ethics, integrety and honesty and no I/As the criminal record and items as mentioned should narrow the applicant pool significantly

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    It could be Ms. Gibson. The problem with this site is it’s not wholly indicative of the membership of the police department. Typically this site is an outlet for the negative, downtrodden, extremely vocal and not necessarily reasonable few. Many of the known posters on here have been ousted for legitimate reasons and don’t take accountability for their actions. Not to say some who have departed the department weren’t wronged. And not to say our administration wasn’t terrible. But to take anything on this site as gospel is ill advised. I guess all I can contribute to this conversation is to consider the source and that you’re hearing one side of a story.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It could be Ms. Gibson. The problem with this site is it’s not wholly indicative of the membership of the police department. Typically this site is an outlet for the negative, downtrodden, extremely vocal and not necessarily reasonable few. Many of the known posters on here have been ousted for legitimate reasons and don’t take accountability for their actions. Not to say some who have departed the department weren’t wronged. And not to say our administration wasn’t terrible. But to take anything on this site as gospel is ill advised. I guess all I can contribute to this conversation is to consider the source and that you’re hearing one side of a story.
    I dont entirely disagree with you but if you think the only thing that was exposed here over the past two years is as you describe.. well you need to revisit the past few years on these discussions. Noone takes anything here as gospel, we do our homwork and have laid out for ANYONE to dispute.. but they dont. We just get an occasional similar post as yours.

    I do wish broader voices and topics would happen. Perhaps you will stick around and add your voice and topics. Maybe with an update when Chief Kharma we expect him to Start?

    It is funny we are verbalizing that we are moving to more Community Policing.. well I am community, as are our officers.. Dont we want to improve those relations too? This board provides a great opportunity to field questions and discuss concerns in a public forum.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I dont entirely disagree with you but if you think the only thing that was exposed here over the past two years is as you describe.. well you need to revisit the past few years on these discussions. Noone takes anything here as gospel, we do our homwork and have laid out for ANYONE to dispute.. but they dont. We just get an occasional similar post as yours.

    I do wish broader voices and topics would happen. Perhaps you will stick around and add your voice and topics. Maybe with an update when Chief Kharma we expect him to Start?

    It is funny we are verbalizing that we are moving to more Community Policing.. well I am community, as are our officers.. Dont we want to improve those relations too? This board provides a great opportunity to field questions and discuss concerns in a public forum.
    why have boards now, it can't wait until the new chief takes the reigns or is it a last ditch effort to get one of the golden boys a new job.

  10. #10
    Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    why have boards now, it can't wait until the new chief takes the reigns or is it a last ditch effort to get one of the golden boys a new job.
    Why would you want suppress this conversation at all.. ever? Would you deprive our officers a place to vent when they need to... prefer citizens to join the radical groups out there? No idea on the golden boyz part of your question. They are water under the bridge at this point. I hope you all get a fresh start and give the new Chief everything he needs from you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •