Commander position - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right, but some type of temporary detention cells would be needed unless the PD purchased there own transport van, but the gest of this post appears to be priorities set by the new chief, spending money the city does not have and not concentrating on the issues that got him the job in the first place. Which include, but are certainly not limited to accountability, ethical behavior, good old boys ruling the roost. A good chief would stand up acknowledge the disasters of the past and make this department whole again, he has not. Instead he has swept the past under the rug, ignoring the problem officers and trying to side step the issues by his cops cop rhetoric and spending of our tax dollars. Hey Chief if you want to be a cops cop and one of the boys then demote yourself to patrolman, oops police officer, if you want to be a leader, acknowledge the problems of the past, move to open an IA on the K9 and KB who thumped the drunk on video and on the command staff who ignored this and swept it under the rug. Then maybe you will have credibility with us. Otherwise your just another over paid KV clone. Its your choice, be a leader or be a follower...…..

Again, to many requirement on the agency for holding cells even if considered temporary. it is not as easy straight forward as building. Staffing would then need to meet certain requirements including CO's and not PO's.

Unregistered
    Mrs. Gibson,
    Your portrayal of the new Chief is accurate. He is a stand up man and is his own person. I have known him for many years and haven’t seen him waiver. He definitely takes the community seriously and makes choices for the betterment with service being paramount. Law Enforcement isn’t perfect by far but we continually strive for perfection. With that said the citizens have to support and back the police department for us all to win. With ideas and decisions made that may not be favorable to the public, comes a methodical and calculated process driven by real hair raising experiences. North Port is great and will be greater in the long run. Always remember this, the police are citizens of the community as well, we have the same struggles as anyone else does. Often we are called to fix problems that developed and fester for years and are expected to resolve them in thirty minutes at 2 a.m. And often there is nothing the police can do to fix these things and usually takes a weird twist and doesn’t go as planned. We as a community need to hold all of ourselves accountable from the parents of our youth to the politicians we vote in office. I know for a fact when I come into work the last thing on my mind is hurting someone. I truly believe the vast majority of us feel that way. And one of the first things on my mind is I don’t want to get hurt, but I know what I signed up for. It’s a calling and I couldn’t think of anything else I would want to do. I have known the Chief long enough that he has that same calling and will serve your city with respect, prudent judgement and integrity.
    OK I assume this is the new chief speaking. I have one question and I will leave you alone forever. If you answer it in public I will never utter a negative word about you. Give me one solid and good reason you made Morales AC? You know he did not meet the criteria yet you did it anyway. Why? No bullshit excuse the God's honest truth. I just can't seem to figure it out. You were supposed to come here and change things yet you just sat in the chair and kept the shit machine turning. Super job so far. What's next bring back KV as a Commander?

Unregistered
    OK I assume this is the new chief speaking. I have one question and I will leave you alone forever. If you answer it in public I will never utter a negative word about you. Give me one solid and good reason you made Morales AC? You know he did not meet the criteria yet you did it anyway. Why? No bullshit excuse the God's honest truth. I just can't seem to figure it out. You were supposed to come here and change things yet you just sat in the chair and kept the shit machine turning. Super job so far. What's next bring back KV as a Commander?
    You probably should call the chief and ask him if you are so concerned. His contact information was posted in the paper.

Unregistered
    Why don't you do us all a favor and leave this site!

Unregistered
    Why don't you do us all a favor and leave this site!
    Why don't you just answer the question? Why the hell would I call the Chief? I just asked him in this very public forum and just like the old admin he refuses to give an answer as to why Morales has been given the AC position. Too scared to tell the truth VC and Lear made him do it. Same old shit! This guy won't make any great changes. He seems nice but he is not about making this place different and moving forward. This is a sinking turd get out while you can.

Unregistered
    Why don't you just answer the question? Why the hell would I call the Chief? I just asked him in this very public forum and just like the old admin he refuses to give an answer as to why Morales has been given the AC position. Too scared to tell the truth VC and Lear made him do it. Same old shit! This guy won't make any great changes. He seems nice but he is not about making this place different and moving forward. This is a sinking turd get out while you can.
    Why in the world do you even think the new chief is on here? Second, why would he be on here? Third, Why would any current administrator choose this forum to post information?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Why not Admin participation in a group that are vested in NPPD in one way or the other? I asked the last admin to do so. They laughed at me remember, so I ended up having to go to FB to air out the dirty laundry. Somewhere way down my ***** list was why the PIO wouldnt address this forum like he does in FB or other social medias.. This forum could work for Admin members to contribute to discussions, listen to the chatter, to quash the BS and maybe dig a little internally on valid issues. It provides insight into the issues within the department in a safe environment. It also provides citizens a place to reach out without identifying themselves if they dont want to. When a rumor is posted, Admin can nip it in the bud before it swells up out of control. It could foster healthy dialogs. I know we have the assy variety that we would all like to drop kick but they can be ignored just like they do on FB, Tweeter and others.

Maybe it is as simple as the young officers that were asking Chief candidates on the show or no show Tattoo policy. Ask to have a conversation or request a policy review. The Admin could address the why the policy must remain or discuss the possibility of changing the current policy. Cant hurt to ask can it?

As for those who show their ass and get too hateful.. Maybe we just breeze past em and ignore feeding thm attention. I know there are plenty of reasons not to hav Admin interacting with anonymous officers and citizens.. I also know if we could all try to keep respectful, we could help the new Chief and his Admin start turning things around.

Imagine a forum where we could get answers, follow some of the bigger projects going on.. oh wait

PINCH..

Sorry got carried away... it would be nice but I aint holding my breath.

I still think we should all try to provide the new Chief more time and leeway to get his arms around the department. Maybe with a solid leader providing guidance and redirection, the Dep Chief will excel. If Chris doesnt cut it in the role, he can always go back down until he is better prepared. Its the way it works in the real world anyways.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Why not Admin participation in a group that are vested in NPPD in one way or the other? I asked the last admin to do so. They laughed at me remember, so I ended up having to go to FB to air out the dirty laundry. Somewhere way down my ***** list was why the PIO wouldnt address this forum like he does in FB or other social medias.. This forum could work for Admin members to contribute to discussions, listen to the chatter, to quash the BS and maybe dig a little internally on valid issues. It provides insight into the issues within the department in a safe environment. It also provides citizens a place to reach out without identifying themselves if they dont want to. When a rumor is posted, Admin can nip it in the bud before it swells up out of control. It could foster healthy dialogs. I know we have the assy variety that we would all like to drop kick but they can be ignored just like they do on FB, Tweeter and others.

Maybe it is as simple as the young officers that were asking Chief candidates on the show or no show Tattoo policy. Ask to have a conversation or request a policy review. The Admin could address the why the policy must remain or discuss the possibility of changing the current policy. Cant hurt to ask can it?

As for those who show their ass and get too hateful.. Maybe we just breeze past em and ignore feeding thm attention. I know there are plenty of reasons not to hav Admin interacting with anonymous officers and citizens.. I also know if we could all try to keep respectful, we could help the new Chief and his Admin start turning things around.

Imagine a forum where we could get answers, follow some of the bigger projects going on.. oh wait

PINCH..

Sorry got carried away... it would be nice but I aint holding my breath.

I still think we should all try to provide the new Chief more time and leeway to get his arms around the department. Maybe with a solid leader providing guidance and redirection, the Dep Chief will excel. If Chris doesnt cut it in the role, he can always go back down until he is better prepared. Its the way it works in the real world anyways.
    They read the posts, they will never admit to it, but they do, I've heard KV,MP and CM rant, scream and throw tantrums over LEO affairs. Lets be honest about the new chief. He was not the pick of the litter here. I have heard many of taxpayers who spoke to both sets of candidates and all choose him dead last. He is side stepping the issues and creating new issues like a bigger station, Koval's title change and the Police Officer title thing, states its traditional, and he would know that how, he has been a deputy his whole career, not a city cop and yes there is a big difference, but, that's neither here or there. I saw pictures of Morales promotion, found the stance and demeanor of the Sheriff and Major quite intriguing, is it me or did they look like wtf are we doing here. Maybe someone should take a clue and repair the relationship there. Garrison is doing Morales bidding. Morales is in charge. Lear is garrisons boss, VC is Lear's boss. Until such time VC loses her majority vote, she rules the roost. If Luke's loses, there goes her power. If VC has her way Morales will be the new chief, he has effectively pushed aside KV and MP and he will push aside Garrison. He is a political hack and Chief Karma will never make any changes without Morales say so. This is why Chief Karma was handpicked and the other more qualified actual leaders were passed over. He is a short term chief, they dangled the so called carrot in front of and a person who can be controlled.

Unregistered
    Wow! What a rant. How many pet unicorns do you own? What a conspiracy theory. Get out your tin foil hat. I have never heard so much filth and garbage spoken. You have no idea of what your talking about. I want to know what the rent is in your world cause I would really love to live there. The in fighting must stop. Get over it, your *****ing is so evident of who you are. If you don’t like it then go else where. Your not going to undermine anything or this new chief. Do us a favor and pick another topic of what we can to better for the city. Difference between city cop or deputy. The chief has more experience in the sock lint stuck in his big toe then you will ever have. You have no idea of what you speak. Who gives a shit what we’re called. Police Officer, patrolman, cop, po-po. It doesn’t matter, we are employed. Who cares about Koval’s title change, does it change what’s on your table for dinner? Really, all I hear is whining. Nothing about making anything better. You must have forgotten why we are here. Grow up buttercup.

Unregistered
    They read the posts, they will never admit to it, but they do, I've heard KV,MP and CM rant, scream and throw tantrums over LEO affairs. Lets be honest about the new chief. He was not the pick of the litter here. I have heard many of taxpayers who spoke to both sets of candidates and all choose him dead last. He is side stepping the issues and creating new issues like a bigger station, Koval's title change and the Police Officer title thing, states its traditional, and he would know that how, he has been a deputy his whole career, not a city cop and yes there is a big difference, but, that's neither here or there. I saw pictures of Morales promotion, found the stance and demeanor of the Sheriff and Major quite intriguing, is it me or did they look like wtf are we doing here. Maybe someone should take a clue and repair the relationship there. Garrison is doing Morales bidding. Morales is in charge. Lear is garrisons boss, VC is Lear's boss. Until such time VC loses her majority vote, she rules the roost. If Luke's loses, there goes her power. If VC has her way Morales will be the new chief, he has effectively pushed aside KV and MP and he will push aside Garrison. He is a political hack and Chief Karma will never make any changes without Morales say so. This is why Chief Karma was handpicked and the other more qualified actual leaders were passed over. He is a short term chief, they dangled the so called carrot in front of and a person who can be controlled.
    Well you obviously didn't bother to look at his resume or even talk to the man. He was a city cop before he was ever a deputy. Why does that matter anyways. Cops are cops. We build this deputy vs cop thing for no real reason. It is time we grow up.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast