Residency Requirment

Unregistered

Residency Requirment

Hi there,

Do you need to live in the city of Fort Myers to be employed by the PD there?

If you don't have to be within city lines, is there a distance or travel time required?

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered
    You can live wherever you want but your take home car has to stay within lee county so if you live out of county you’ll have to drive your own vehicle to and from

Unregistered
    Actually it’s a mileage distance I forget the exact number but you can go pretty much anywhere in lee county and parts of Charlotte

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi there,

Do you need to live in the city of Fort Myers to be employed by the PD there?

If you don't have to be within city lines, is there a distance or travel time required?

Thank you in advance.
    You won’t get a take home car for 4-6 years so you don’t need to worry about that for some time.

Unregistered
    Thanks, hey just out of curiosity, do you guys ever ride in two man units or is almost always one man units? Or a mix?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks, hey just out of curiosity, do you guys ever ride in two man units or is almost always one man units? Or a mix?
    One man. 30 calls a day. You will notice 15-20 other units on duty not taking any service calls. Usually at the gym or substation on a criminal case follow up. 15 years here and can’t figure out what a third of this department does

Unregistered
    Sounds about on par with what I'm used to. Although I dunno how your dispatch works, in ours the dispatch sends out calls based on where youre assigned and its looked down upon to purposely avoid handling your zone. I have heard about other places usually in the south where the officers self dispatch.

So you guys aren't really able to do proactive work on normal patrol? Are there details to do that kind of thing or do you just wait until you are able to change divisions. Hopefully with the influx of people theyre hiring the guys there with time on get opportunities. I was told there is 700 applicants lol