Thoughts of a transfer to CCPD?

Unregistered

Thoughts of a transfer to CCPD?

I am looking into transferring to CCPD potentially but Im getting kind of mixed messages about how it is to work there. Is just as bad as everywhere else? Is it especially bad? Is it good for any reasons? Also, are there any surprises I should know about for the hiring process? Is the PT test that run and open the car trunks and etc etc thing?

Unregistered
    PT test is exactly as you described. It’s a great place to work. Pay is higher than anywhere else in the area, take home car upon hiring, most likely an SUV, an dgreat people to work with. The ones complaining on here are the younger rookies whining because they feel entitled to be able to go to a specialty unit.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your response. It’s tough to get down there - I’m out of state but I can’t really take two straight weeks off to take the eot course. I have the letter saying I can it but it’s tough to have the certification from 2000 miles away without quitting here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    PT test is exactly as you described. It’s a great place to work. Pay is higher than anywhere else in the area, take home car upon hiring, most likely an SUV, an dgreat people to work with. The ones complaining on here are the younger rookies whining because they feel entitled to be able to go to a specialty unit.
    Yup just like he said. Im a rookie and complaining with 12 years on the road and having to go to nights for "liability" reasons. Seniority only matters "when it matters". Guys from other departments move j to specialty units when they havent done shit here. Supervisors who literally sit in the office all shift because they are too scared to go on the road. Starting pay is nice. And no i wont go somewhere else because im vested and will try and milk this place like the rest and steal money like lear.

Unregistered
    Stay where you are. Consider this wisdom.