“DUI Officer” of the Month - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Im not commenting on who Lipski is as a person because I don’t know him but I will agree that getting to go straight to a specialty squad right off of admin duty from the DUI was bullshit. Some officers will work their tail off on patrol for years trying to make a name for themselves for the hopes of getting a spot like that and this guy has a nasty DUI so early in his career here and goes straight to the unit, not even back to midnights patrol for a while to earn his “redemption”.

I for one am happy they kept him, will serve as a nice precedent case in case I get pinched and the brass tries to go all “no tolerance” on me by firing me. I assume the fact that he was allowed to go straight to the unit after the DUI that he is some kind of rock star and his award now is well deserved.

Unregistered
    A DUI means nothing. We have a Deputy Chief who had a DUI, resist arrest charge. His wife (a former Assistant Chief) was also arrest for resisiting arrest with violence and BATLEO. Didn't matter. They follow the most brilliant cop in TPD history and he promoted them right up. Now that same drunk runs our patrol division and will fire anyone who gets the SAME DUI he once got

Think about that for a minute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12