Raises - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Raises

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That 2% to match DOD is nothing to bso so why aren't they agreeing to it? Most, including myself, will not see the extra 2% at 20 years for years to come.
    The COLA was the "Me Too" Clause. The Parity 2% steps that are being implemented for DOD are being done without the Me Too Clause. Our certifications that DOD have from outside groups mandadte that DOD has Parity with the road. This help us get money / grants that help fund DLE and other projects. Because everyone knows that DOD has the largest cookie jar budget that DLE dips into when they go over budget each and every year.

Unregistered
    Impasse hearing was supposed to be this week regarding that 2% longevity. Did it happen yet or??

Unregistered
    The COLA was the "Me Too" Clause. The Parity 2% steps that are being implemented for DOD are being done without the Me Too Clause. Our certifications that DOD have from outside groups mandadte that DOD has Parity with the road. This help us get money / grants that help fund DLE and other projects. Because everyone knows that DOD has the largest cookie jar budget that DLE dips into when they go over budget each and every year.
    We give Millions back each year so please explain how DLE dips into the Jailer budget. Mumbles gets a set amount of money each year and can spend it how he likes so again please explain this jibberish crap you are spewing?

Unregistered
    We give Millions back each year so please explain how DLE dips into the Jailer budget. Mumbles gets a set amount of money each year and can spend it how he likes so again please explain this jibberish crap you are spewing?
    That would be the millions and millions that we save the county from our budget not yours. LoL

Unregistered
    Why can't we just accept the 3% cola they offered for this year and keep fighting for the rest of the things next year? This pay year is almost over and we should take the money on the table, come back later for more.

Unregistered
    Why can't we just accept the 3% cola they offered for this year and keep fighting for the rest of the things next year? This pay year is almost over and we should take the money on the table, come back later for more.
    Later NEVER comes! This BS has been going on long before any of us ever got here and it will continue long after all of us are gone. The problem is when an administration comes in and they realize they can keep the little guy down by not giving them a well deserved raise they do it because it makes them feel big! Then they continue to get power hungry and keep the money for things that they want.....or give it back to make themselves look good. What they all find out the hard way is you can't stay in power without your troops backing you. What they also forget is patrol is the backbone of every agency, screw them and eventually they screw you!

Unregistered
    Yes, school is in session moron. We have the ability to work OT....really? You obviously haven't thought this out. You do realize that when we work OT it's to protect your dumb azz. How safe will you and your family feel when deputies stop working all the OT because they are burned out or want to spend time with their families. It's already starting to happen, it's getting harder and harder to fill those OT slots since this has been going on more than a year now. All due to the Amazing Leadership that you put in place not doing their job properly.

As for the supply and demand. Just because we have applicants doesn't mean they can pass the required process. More fail out than can pass the process and you're assuming that we get more applicants than we have positions available. As an agency we have ro offer something to those applying, something better than the other agencies with all their vacancies, as we are not the only agency short. Since we can't compete with the other agencies pay, because we are lower, how do you suggest we get the applicants? If you had a choice between two jobs, one pays a lot less, which would you apply for?

I guarantee you working OT or not my family will be safe and taken care of....will yours when there's not enough deputies working in your neighborhood? Are you going to step up and patrol the streets, schools, Airports, Ports...?
    STFU. Me and mine are safe because we got guns and sh*t to protect ourselves. The police have proven time after time that you clowns can't and don't do sh*t to keep the public safe. As for raises, if you feel like you are under paid, then quit and get a real job. But, you won't because you are a lazy sac of sh*t and like to bully people, so you will stay a cop and ***** instead of getting a job where you have to do real work. Hell, I wish we did not have police because street justice would curb crime more...

Unregistered
    Later NEVER comes! This BS has been going on long before any of us ever got here and it will continue long after all of us are gone. The problem is when an administration comes in and they realize they can keep the little guy down by not giving them a well deserved raise they do it because it makes them feel big! Then they continue to get power hungry and keep the money for things that they want.....or give it back to make themselves look good. What they all find out the hard way is you can't stay in power without your troops backing you. What they also forget is patrol is the backbone of every agency, screw them and eventually they screw you!
    This is very true. DLE deserves that 2% longevity added to 20 years also. Potential applicants look at topped out salaries when applying

Unregistered
    "Later" absoultuely comes around, right when we start negotiating the new contract in a few months.

Unregistered
    I'm IUPA, but if you blow this 3% and we get nothing at the end of this pay year, I'll vote for PBA or FOP. Whichever will get us our raises. 3% is "good enough" (could be better, but isn't bad either). Stop d***ing around and just get us our damn money.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast