Raises - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Raises

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are obviously an upset ex PBA rep, bso matched the jail 3% for DLE too, DLE just wants the same 2% added to the 20 year longevity like the jail received. It's only fair because the jail has had the "me too" clause all these years.
    When is the impasse hearing ? DLE deserves that longevity bump too.

Unregistered
    When is the impasse hearing ? DLE deserves that longevity bump too.
    Yes, let's gets this signed and move on

Unregistered
    Full disclosure I'm not a police officer, just a taxpayer who works in the private sector.

Sorry, but enough with the raises on the backs of taxpayers. I have all the respect in the world for law enforcement, but your compensation seems to be more than fair. Your salaries are very good, add in take home vehicles, sick/vacation leave, and ability to work details and OT equals being on par with many white collar professions.

No raises on the taxpayer. Enough is enough.

Unregistered
    Full disclosure I'm not a police officer, just a taxpayer who works in the private sector.

Sorry, but enough with the raises on the backs of taxpayers. I have all the respect in the world for law enforcement, but your compensation seems to be more than fair. Your salaries are very good, add in take home vehicles, sick/vacation leave, and ability to work details and OT equals being on par with many white collar professions.

Ah so no one deserves a raise?? And you wonder why we are 200 bodies short.... why is that? Because we get paid garbage compared to other agencies and we have garbage command staff

Unregistered

Yeah, that’s great that we have the ability to work details and OT to make ends meet. It’s great that we have to be away from our families even more than 12 hours a day to work the OT and the details.

Unregistered

I totally agree.....these dolts are morons on par with what an educated professional makes. They deserve less money, not more.
    As a taxpayer, the sheriff gets my full support of he never gives you any raise. Plus, you idiots need to slow down....you all drive like maniacs and are going to kill someone.

Unregistered
    Yeah, that’s great that we have the ability to work details and OT to make ends meet. It’s great that we have to be away from our families even more than 12 hours a day to work the OT and the details.
    I feel very bad for you. So you're complaining because you have to make more money?
    I work with no overtime, terrible benefits and no pension and I have a master's degree. That's the price I pay to work with educated co workers though and not dumb cops.

Unregistered

Fair? Let's talk about fair. To be hired pass a 6 month to a 1 year process. Successfully pass minimal FDLE requirement: Swim test, CJBAT/TABE Test, Physical Agility, Obstacle Course and 1/2 mile run. Then you are eligible for hire. Now pass Oral Board, Polygraph, Psychological Evaluation, Medical and Background. Great you are hired and get to attend a 770+ hour academy. This consists of 15 college level exams. Get less than an 80% on any one and you are Terminated. 4 high liability proficiency test which consist of Firearms, First Aid, Defensive Tactics, and Driving. Fail one of those and you are Terminated. Take 3 agility profiles and if you do not pass the last one and you are terminated.

Once you successfully pass all that you can graduate and sit for the State Exam. If you fail that, yep you are terminated.
    Then you go to inhouse training for additional agency related training, firearm qualifications FCIC/NCIC training. National Incident Management System/ICS Training, all additional tests and guess what, you need to pass them too.

Now you can attend Field Training which depending on the agency can be anywhere from 12 - 16 weeks with a certified trainer. If you do not successfully pass that, yes, you are terminated. Every call you go to you could be shot at. You could be doing CPR on a baby/child pulled from a pool. You could be helping someone that was involved in a traffic crash minor or major with ejections and/or death. You may need to make a death notification to a family member. Also, you need to know how to "not" bring what you see home to your family or have a negative affect on you.

You will attend over 40 hours of yearly in-service training to stay up to date with your skills, requalifying on the range, CPR, etc. You like to comment about the 1% that either make mistakes or intentionally do wrong. You fail to mention those that bust their ass every day to make a difference, the once that really do help people in their time of need.

So raises and pension, yes it is deserved. If you would like to do the above hiring process, training and get those "great" benefits please visit Sheriff.org, we are hiring.

You are hired on with a contract. Take home car-yes and you have a duty to act at all times and some are on a callout basis where you NEED your car with you for immediate response. Municipalities make a lot more than us because they pay in to their 20 year pension and seem to get their raises accordingly. BSO started at a lower salary because we did not have to pay in to our pension until the pension change. Now you have to pay in to your pension AND they did not adjust your salary for doing so. It's like having a 30 year mortgage on a house and 15 years in to it the bank says, "uh, yeah...about that...we need to change it, and NOT in your favor. We now have to work 30 years for retirement instead of a municipalities 20. Being a high risk, first responder does take a toll after so many years. But we are certified to do so and should be compensated just like the other departments.

Unregistered
    Well said!

Unregistered
    I feel very bad for you. So you're complaining because you have to make more money?
    I work with no overtime, terrible benefits and no pension and I have a master's degree. That's the price I pay to work with educated co workers though and not dumb cops.
    GFY and your master degree! You chose your education level and your profession now suck it up pu$$y boy and get off our site.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast