Does TIAPD participate in NTF/HIDTA/OCDETF?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

1) Does TIAPD participate in local task forces (e.g. NTF/HIDTA/OCDETF)?

2) What is TIAPD's shift schedule like (e.g. 4/10s, 12s, etc...)?

3) What is the shift rotation like?

4) Roughly what number/type of calls do you receive on an average day (e.g. X number of traffic accidents, X number of medical emergency, X number of property crimes, etc...)?

5) I see there are no flights between 0200 and 0400. What sorts of calls do officers get during that down time, or is it pretty much just time to catch up on reports?

6) I know they are on FRS. Is there any sort of military buyback plan and/or educational assistance?

Unregistered
    1) Does TIAPD participate in local task forces (e.g. NTF/HIDTA/OCDETF)?

Just UASI and JTTF

2) What is TIAPD's shift schedule like (e.g. 4/10s, 12s, etc...)?
    Combination of 12s and 10.5s

3) What is the shift rotation like?
    Not sure what you mean

4) Roughly what number/type of calls do you receive on an average day (e.g. X number of traffic accidents, X number of medical emergency, X number of property crimes, etc...)?

Disturbances, assaults, thefts, auto thefts, meds,

5) I see there are no flights between 0200 and 0400. What sorts of calls do officers get during that down time, or is it pretty much just time to catch up on reports?

Still patrolling as this is the hour crooks come from outside to ply their trade.

6) I know they are on FRS. Is there any sort of military buyback plan and/or educational assistance?
    FRS, tution reimbursement, up 3% of your salary match for 457

Unregistered

College Degree

Do you need a SACS Accreditation degree from a reputable college or university or will a degree from any learning institution suffice for hiring or promotion? Thank you