Bicycle Pursuit Policy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Bicycle Pursuit Policy

Did I hear a Squad 8 Supervisor correctly that we cannot chase people on bikes with our cruisers? I believe it turned out to be a burglary suspect maybe? I think I heard “80 Charlie, don’t chase him with your cruiser.” Seriously? We can’t chase bad guys who run on bikes because that’s considered a Pursuit now? Where can I get off of the chicken shit outfit?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did I hear a Squad 8 Supervisor correctly that we cannot chase people on bikes with our cruisers? I believe it turned out to be a burglary suspect maybe? I think I heard “80 Charlie, don’t chase him with your cruiser.” Seriously? We can’t chase bad guys who run on bikes because that’s considered a Pursuit now? Where can I get off of the chicken shit outfit?
    You have been misinformed if you still think that this administration is concerned about catching criminals.

Unregistered
    You have been misinformed if you still think that this administration is concerned about catching criminals.
    Bob could care less about solving real crimes. I mean no pursuits, removing window tint from undercover vehicles. No dynamics entries, never use SWAT. Hit an empty house, new procedures with photo packs, record all post Miranda interviews,APAD and a variety of dumb admin procedures.

Unregistered
    Bob could care less about solving real crimes. I mean no pursuits, removing window tint from undercover vehicles. No dynamics entries, never use SWAT. Hit an empty house, new procedures with photo packs, record all post Miranda interviews,APAD and a variety of dumb admin procedures.
    Fake news! where does it say all interviews have to be recorded. Nowhere. What new photo pack procedures. You mean like follow the law. So STFU.

Unregistered
    Fake news! where does it say all interviews have to be recorded. Nowhere. What new photo pack procedures. You mean like follow the law. So STFU.
    Umm at readoff they talked about doing Miranda on COBAN. And we switched to single photos in folders from the six photo gallery years ago. Where have you been?

Unregistered
    The law does not require you to video tape a confession post Miranda, however Bob wants it recorded/video taped because he does not trust the report written by deputies or detectives. The photo packs are single photos and percentages of the ID must be provided by the witness or victim. This allows the defense attorneys to question the ID given if it's less than 100 percent. This procedure is practiced by this agency and does not exsist on a national basis. You also can't interview a juvenile suspected in a crime without being video taped. It's obvious you are misinformed or retarded. The only thing you follow is Fake News Bob network.

Unregistered
    So word is Squad 8 Nights can’t chase felons on bikes. That’s awesome. Way to show out FTO Squad!!! Guess Tarpon can, but Squad 8 lost its balls. I think he was a burglar too, you know the plague of a North County. I feel a denial coming on. Patrol 4 radio traffic won’t lie though. Klosterman/19 area call. Late night. Great call, great leadership.

Unregistered
    Let’s see. We can’t pursue vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles. Next we won’t be able to pursue people on foot, because they could fall down and get hurt. We also have APAD which we can’t make arrest on most misdemeanor charges. What is left, just felonies. It’s a joke. The agency just wants less crime with no arrests or incidents. Yet, they want more stats or quotas. Just Go out there and make sure your area just doesn’t get hit. If you see a crime and they flee just let them go. We don’t want an incident now. I never seen this craziness in my twenty plus years of working here.

Unregistered
    So word is Squad 8 Nights can’t chase felons on bikes. That’s awesome. Way to show out FTO Squad!!! Guess Tarpon can, but Squad 8 lost its balls. I think he was a burglar too, you know the plague of a North County. I feel a denial coming on. Patrol 4 radio traffic won’t lie though. Klosterman/19 area call. Late night. Great call, great leadership.
    It was a 14 year old boy wearing headphones on a bike who thought he was out past the county curfew, being stopped for no lights on the bicycle, so yes, chase him down with a 3000 pound vehicle and run him over like cases up north and end up in prison. Well worth it- that'll show those kids not to mess with a sheriff!

Unregistered
    It was a 14 year old boy wearing headphones on a bike who thought he was out past the county curfew, being stopped for no lights on the bicycle, so yes, chase him down with a 3000 pound vehicle and run him over like cases up north and end up in prison. Well worth it- that'll show those kids not to mess with a sheriff!
    You are a jack a$$. So you think we should just let people get away now? Squad 8 is full of lazy people anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast