Glock 21 vs Glock 19 - hand size and grip control - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes they do, that’s why there’s a Deputy carrying a Glock 41 and an Lieutenant carrying Sig P220. Guess reading and comprehension is not the strongest of your suits. BTW be glad we went away from “astetic” aspects of hiring process where anyone under 5’10” or so was automatically disqualified. Now go get yourself a Whopper Jr and feel like a man for a change.
    Not the OP but I too have smaller hands and have the same issues as him with the G21. I will go to the armory and see if they will issue me a G19 for duty carry. Nobody I spoke with knew the G41 and SIG P220 were also options to the standard issue G21. Good to see the agency willing to allow various duty pistols for patrol.

Unregistered
    Theres also an NDS Lieutenant who carries a .45 that is not on the approval list. He uses a holster that is not approved as well.

Unregistered
    I can't buy any .45s for "my midget paw" because the G21 is issued. Obviously you do not work here because you have no idea what you are talking about if you think GOs allow you to buy whatever guns fits your hand and carry it on duty. Thanks for your condescending and arrogant reply. You are a real tool and a mental midget. I hope you do not work for this agency.
    Maybe you haven’t read the general order that had a list of approved makes dumbass. Like S&W, Glock, Ruger, HK, Sig. Try reading the whole thing next time dip shit. Read it again. It also lists what shotguns you can buy and carry. It lists what rifles you can buy and carry. Read it again. God, so stupid!!!!

Unregistered
    Not the OP but I too have smaller hands and have the same issues as him with the G21. I will go to the armory and see if they will issue me a G19 for duty carry. Nobody I spoke with knew the G41 and SIG P220 were also options to the standard issue G21. Good to see the agency willing to allow various duty pistols for patrol.
    Dear Moron,

The Glock 41 is a long Barrel/slide 21. The P220 is a .45 also. You can’t carry 9mm on duty unless you are UC or in a similar role. Educate yourself. Don’t just ask one or two people.

Unregistered
    Policy says .45 in class A’s. The rest of the time you can carry what you qualify with as long as it’s .45, .38, .380, 9mm.

You can also carry a G30 instead of the G21 if you have smaller hands. It won’t help recoil though.

I prefer 9mm myself, but honestly I’d say you should man up and practice with your 21 until you’re proficient. Training will give you ammo and even range time.

Unregistered
    Policy says .45 in class A’s. The rest of the time you can carry what you qualify with as long as it’s .45, .38, .380, 9mm.

You can also carry a G30 instead of the G21 if you have smaller hands. It won’t help recoil though.

I prefer 9mm myself, but honestly I’d say you should man up and practice with your 21 until you’re proficient. Training will give you ammo and even range time.
    OMG. The Glock 30 has the same dimensions as the Glock 21 except the slide is shorter and the grip is shorter. The size of the grip is the same width. So no difference for sausage finger midget hands. Do you seriously carry a gun for s living? You should probably know more about the tools you use. And I’m pretty sure no one was talking about off duty guns before. But thanks for the info Captain Obvious.

Unregistered
    Maybe you haven’t read the general order that had a list of approved makes dumbass. Like S&W, Glock, Ruger, HK, Sig. Try reading the whole thing next time dip shit. Read it again. It also lists what shotguns you can buy and carry. It lists what rifles you can buy and carry. Read it again. God, so stupid!!!!
    General orders are only guidelines so carry what ever you want.

Unregistered

Just to be more specific, the OP was referring to duty pistols issued to deputies by the armory, not personally purchased off-duty concealed carry guns, which quite a few are approved by the agency.

Unregistered
    Our SWAT Team has not switched to G19. Not sure where you get your info. You’re in Law Enforcement man the **** up and carry the G21 like everyone else in patrol does. If something happens to you at least I know I can grab your mags and have more ammo. G19 is a good concealed carry/off duty gun but not for uniform duty. Besides, G21 Gen4 grip without any inserts should be about the circumfence of the 9mm.... you’re welcome!
    Plenty of deputies carrying a G30 on duty. Do you think that 10rd mag G30 mag will fit in your G21? A compact 45 with a 10rd capacity is allowed, but but a compact 9mm by the same manufacturer with a 15rd capacity is not, and that makes sense?

Unregistered
    Plenty of deputies carrying a G30 on duty. Do you think that 10rd mag G30 mag will fit in your G21? A compact 45 with a 10rd capacity is allowed, but but a compact 9mm by the same manufacturer with a 15rd capacity is not, and that makes sense?
    Why don’t you ask the Sheriff to change the policy so you can have a 9mm on duty via Ask the Executive Staff?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast