Glock 21 vs Glock 19 - hand size and grip control
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Glock 21 vs Glock 19 - hand size and grip control

My hands are below average size for a male, newbie in patrol. My question is, do we have the option to carry the Glock 19 which is a smaller pistol and fits my small hands, have better control, etc. It is a serious safety concern to me because the Clock 21 grip feels too big and not as ergonomic as the Glock 19's grip. Also the Glock 21's .45 ACP kicks a lot more than the 9 mm so I feel I am better able to hit my target with the Glock 19. Has there been any discussion to switch the whole agency to the Glock 19 to accommodate women and males with small hands? I heard that the US Navy Seals or Rangers operators switched to the Glock 19 so has our SWAT switched as well and if so can they put in a good word in to help us out?

Unregistered
    WTF, it's like every day now a brand new guy comes on here and wants a policy changed to meet there needs. We do have other options little guy but no you can't carry a 9mm. The world does not revolve around you and your little hands.

Unregistered
    Maybe safariland makes a 22 derringer holster.

Unregistered
    Our SWAT Team has not switched to G19. Not sure where you get your info. You’re in Law Enforcement man the **** up and carry the G21 like everyone else in patrol does. If something happens to you at least I know I can grab your mags and have more ammo. G19 is a good concealed carry/off duty gun but not for uniform duty. Besides, G21 Gen4 grip without any inserts should be about the circumfence of the 9mm.... you’re welcome!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our SWAT Team has not switched to G19. Not sure where you get your info. You’re in Law Enforcement man the **** up and carry the G21 like everyone else in patrol does. If something happens to you at least I know I can grab your mags and have more ammo. G19 is a good concealed carry/off duty gun but not for uniform duty. Besides, G21 Gen4 grip without any inserts should be about the circumfence of the 9mm.... you’re welcome!
    So we want new guns, shifts to suit everyone's agenda, tattoos and beards. Gzzzz

Unregistered
    You need to practice more to get more proficient with the recoil impulse of the .45ACP; it is your responsibility to do so on your own time, if necessary. You are being treated as an adult now, so no more excuses!

Unregistered
    BS, lots of LEO agencies use the G19, and Seal 6 and Delta. Surprising that our SWAT does not follow the lead of Seal 6 and Delta because they want to be so tactical. The G21 is too big, heavy, dated and lacks the firepower of the 9mm which has the same stopping power with modern ammo. The old farts who served in the army is why we ended up with the G21 because they like the .45 ACP and buy into its stopping power myths. I was told we had the Beretta 92 in 9mm a long time ago and nobody complained about its stopping power. The G19 has all the advantages of the Beretta in a smaller and lighter package. Less weight to carry on the belt which is easier for the smaller statured male deputies and females. It's time to phase out the G21 (send them to the jailers and courts) and get with the modern times and G19. Those geezers who are stuck in the past, refuse to adapt and deal with it should retire. It's a new younger agency now.

Unregistered
    We carry the Glock 21 because another Sheriff thought the .45 was the way to go. We had several shootings with 9mm Berettas and Glocks where the bullets under penetrated. After a few shootings we went to the 9mm Gold Dot from the crappy 9mm Winchester garbage we used to have. The 9mm Gold Dot performed superbly. But there were a few shootings around America that gave us pause and we were allowed to buy .45’s if we wanted. Then the agency went away from issuing the Beretta 92 to the Glock 21. But you can still buy several different model .45’s. Unfortunately someone decided that the giant ass Glock 21 was the end all be all pistol. I think they asked no one who knew anything about pistols. By today’s standards there is little difference between the 9mm and .45 with regards to damage and penetration. The Glock 19 is a great gun. It would work for anyone. But people who have about ZERO chance of drawing their firearm in a tactical situation make those decisions. So sadly we are stuck with the Glock 21. Maybe you should read the general order and look at what .45’s you can buy for your midget paw. I’m sure you can find something that works.

Unregistered
    We carry the Glock 21 because another Sheriff thought the .45 was the way to go. We had several shootings with 9mm Berettas and Glocks where the bullets under penetrated. After a few shootings we went to the 9mm Gold Dot from the crappy 9mm Winchester garbage we used to have. The 9mm Gold Dot performed superbly. But there were a few shootings around America that gave us pause and we were allowed to buy .45’s if we wanted. Then the agency went away from issuing the Beretta 92 to the Glock 21. But you can still buy several different model .45’s. Unfortunately someone decided that the giant ass Glock 21 was the end all be all pistol. I think they asked no one who knew anything about pistols. By today’s standards there is little difference between the 9mm and .45 with regards to damage and penetration. The Glock 19 is a great gun. It would work for anyone. But people who have about ZERO chance of drawing their firearm in a tactical situation make those decisions. So sadly we are stuck with the Glock 21. Maybe you should read the general order and look at what .45’s you can buy for your midget paw. I’m sure you can find something that works.
    I can't buy any .45s for "my midget paw" because the G21 is issued. Obviously you do not work here because you have no idea what you are talking about if you think GOs allow you to buy whatever guns fits your hand and carry it on duty. Thanks for your condescending and arrogant reply. You are a real tool and a mental midget. I hope you do not work for this agency.

Unregistered
    I can't buy any .45s for "my midget paw" because the G21 is issued. Obviously you do not work here because you have no idea what you are talking about if you think GOs allow you to buy whatever guns fits your hand and carry it on duty. Thanks for your condescending and arrogant reply. You are a real tool and a mental midget. I hope you do not work for this agency.
    Yes they do, that’s why there’s a Deputy carrying a Glock 41 and an Lieutenant carrying Sig P220. Guess reading and comprehension is not the strongest of your suits. BTW be glad we went away from “astetic” aspects of hiring process where anyone under 5’10” or so was automatically disqualified. Now go get yourself a Whopper Jr and feel like a man for a change.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast