Did anyone check out FHP's Academy Facebook post about Lateral Recruit Class (LRC) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You wouldn't stay long..trust me!
    On the contrary...... I was with FHP for 3 years, left and spent the last 15 years at the PD. It was the dumbest thing I did. A little more money, yes, but not at all what I enjoy doing. I enjoyed going to work everyday with the Patrol.

Unregistered
    Week 1: How to wear a campaign hat
    Week 2: How to sign up for overtime
    Week 3: How to submit overtime sheets
    Week 4: How to post on LEO Affairs
    Apparently it takes nothing more than a college recruit money mill to be a deputy or PD. You all don’t even have the 4 weeks lol

Unregistered
    Week 1: How to wear a campaign hat
    Week 2: How to sign up for overtime
    Week 3: How to submit overtime sheets
    Week 4: How to post on LEO Affairs

How did YOU get your hands on the sylabus?

Unregistered
    On the contrary...... I was with FHP for 3 years, left and spent the last 15 years at the PD. It was the dumbest thing I did. A little more money, yes, but not at all what I enjoy doing. I enjoyed going to work everyday with the Patrol.
    Curious what you missed about the Patrol the most? I am actually considering leaving a PD and going to the Patrol. Still crunching numbers and seeing if financially it's worth it. Like the idea of SOAR and yes they get a ton of off-duty, but wondering about quality of life and time off. Thank you in advance for any response you may have.

Unregistered
    Wow your talking about how FHP was 18 years ago! When we took a x8 and the only thing in the car was a shotgun, crash pad and radio. This is a whole different ball game now. This place is weak AF now compared to those days. FHP has been dead since at least 2008.

Unregistered
    Curious what you missed about the Patrol the most? I am actually considering leaving a PD and going to the Patrol. Still crunching numbers and seeing if financially it's worth it. Like the idea of SOAR and yes they get a ton of off-duty, but wondering about quality of life and time off. Thank you in advance for any response you may have.
    The biggest part I miss is the freedom. I’m confined to a certain part of the city dealing with the same people day in and day out. The same people making noise, the same dogs barking, the neighbor who keeps parking on their grass, and the people not obeying by HOA rules. I never thought I would have to
    do stupid things such as this. And let’s not forget the domestic calls. Need I say more? And for those that say the Patrol has changed, my brother came on the Patrol 5 years before me and is still there. He loves going to work every day and tried to talk me out of leaving when I did. Best of luck to the poster thinking about making the swap. I encourage you to do so.

Unregistered
    Wow your talking about how FHP was 18 years ago! When we took a x8 and the only thing in the car was a shotgun, crash pad and radio. This is a whole different ball game now. This place is weak AF now compared to those days. FHP has been dead since at least 2008.
    Exlactly!!! The patrol isn't fun anymore!

Unregistered
    Agreed the Stetson and 5.0s are DEAD. Now its the new era. Two years and your on to another agency. loosing 1000 Troopers a years. Doing the exact same thing as it was in 1990s. The Brass refusesto excel until they all die., The average Trooper is already planning to go POLICE or SHERIFF before they are even out of the academy. As for a 4 wk lateral. Sorry but I can only imagine the kind of LEO coming in and experience level other than time in grade. Their is a reason they are applying to the FHP in year 2018 and its no the pay or elite concept I assure you. Just sayn

Unregistered
    The biggest part I miss is the freedom. I’m confined to a certain part of the city dealing with the same people day in and day out. The same people making noise, the same dogs barking, the neighbor who keeps parking on their grass, and the people not obeying by HOA rules. I never thought I would have to
    do stupid things such as this. And let’s not forget the domestic calls. Need I say more? And for those that say the Patrol has changed, my brother came on the Patrol 5 years before me and is still there. He loves going to work every day and tried to talk me out of leaving when I did. Best of luck to the poster thinking about making the swap. I encourage you to do so.
    I guess the next question for you....... do you regret leaving?

Unregistered
    Well, reapply! Only four weeks of training!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast