Major news - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major news

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree. And with citizens and "Big Nick" types pointing cameras back at police, as irritating as this is, it may just be the thing that results in a reconsideration of the body cameras, as legal cases pile up. Only police with a pattern of documented problematic interactions with the public should wear a camera. Keep the conversation going because you will need to get the public to support your position. When it comes down to police not policing because of the cameras, the public will show support. No one wants to do any job on camera.
    You get a real leader in here and they won’t need cameras to watch everything their people do. When a real leader shows up these cameras are gone.

Unregistered
    Ask yourself this? Would you want a camera on your surgeon while he’s working on you? So everything he does can be scutinized later?

How about the guy flying your airplane. You want a camera over his shoulder making him second guess what’s he’s doing every minute of the day.

How about your dentist? Think he’s going to wear a camera?

Our Sheriff wants transparency. Is he wearing a camera at work all day? Is his command staff wearing a camera all day? Shouldn’t we able to watch the command play in the gym and sit on their azzes all day?

How about Governor Scott. Is he wearing a camera? How about members of congress? The Senate? How about Pam Bondi? Shouldn’t we be able to get a public record of what her and the governor are talking about since they’re not doing anything?

How about the FBI. The FBI won’t even come in our interview rooms because they’re interviews are not allowed to be videotaped!!!!! Did you guys know that?

How about your family Doctor. Would you like your prostate exam on public camera. You see these cameras are nothing but another political ploy to make someone appear to be on the up and up when in reality it’s a scam.

The public deserves to be protected. And these cameras are shutting down the police in your communities. Just think about it for a second. Next time Colonel so and so wants to write you up for not turning in a camera take a look at his uniform. See if you can find a camera on it.

Their excuse is they don’t interact with the public. But actually their pay check comes from the public so thats not a valid answer.

Unregistered
    Ask yourself this? Would you want a camera on your surgeon while he’s working on you? So everything he does can be scutinized later?

How about the guy flying your airplane. You want a camera over his shoulder making him second guess what’s he’s doing every minute of the day.

Our Sheriff wants transparency. Is he wearing a camera at work all day? Is his command staff wearing a camera all day? Shouldn’t we able to watch the command play in the gym and sit on their azzes all day?

How about Governor Scott. Is he wearing a camera? How about members of congress? The Senate? How about Pam Bondi? Shouldn’t we be able to get a public record of what her and the governor are talking about since they’re not doing anything?

How about the FBI. The FBI won’t even come in our interview rooms because they’re interviews are not allowed to be videotaped!!!!! Did you guys know that?

How about your family Doctor. Would you like your prostate exam on public camera. You see these cameras are nothing but another political ploy to make someone appear to be on the up and up when in reality it’s a scam.

The public deserves to be protected. And these cameras are shutting down the police in your communities. Just think about it for a second. Next time Colonel so and so wants to write you up for not turning in a camera take a look at his uniform. See if you can find a camera on it.

Their excuse is they don’t interact with the public. But actually their pay check comes from the public so thats not a valid answer.
    I've been called in captains and chief's offices (not under this admin) and have been told that if I try and put in for another unit, I would be transferred to the road. I've also been threatened and ordered behind closed doors to work a certain detail or face being kicked out of a unit. One of the captains stated if I made a stink about it he would make sure my tenure in BSO wouldn't be pleasant.

Another reason why command staff should wear camera's themselves. Maybe they would thing twice about threatening deputies "behind closed doors".

Unregistered

I've been threatened behind closed doors by captains (not this admin) that if I put in for another specialized unit I would be transferred to the road. Also, I've seen upper command staff utilize tech's to set up "SWAT generators" for their homes during a hurricane! So, yea, these people should wear camera's, as well. Remember, we need transparency.

Unregistered
    I've been threatened behind closed doors by captains (not this admin) that if I put in for another specialized unit I would be transferred to the road. Also, I've seen upper command staff utilize tech's to set up "SWAT generators" for their homes during a hurricane! So, yea, these people should wear camera's, as well. Remember, we need transparency.
    Absolutely, but what’s good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander in this administration.

Unregistered
    Hardly "major news" just another self proclaimed entrepreneur that is nothing more than a street thug. Good riddens POS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12