Tattoo Policy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Policy

Unregistered

Tattoo Policy

What in the world is with this outdated policy? Can’t have tattoos that show below the sleeve unless they’re approved by the district commander? Can’t be offensive or distracting?! I saw the sheriffs response to an ask executive staff question and he basically said he doesn’t care....unless the member has full sleeves. What kinda shit is that?! One of our k9 guys gets posted on the S.O. FB Page with his full sleeve showing and it wasn’t a problem then. Not offended. Looks fine. Didn’t see ANY comments on it either. Deputies walking around with all kinds of tattoos showing and it’s allowed. This policy needs updating. Everybody we talk to now a days has tattoos!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What in the world is with this outdated policy? Can’t have tattoos that show below the sleeve unless they’re approved by the district commander? Can’t be offensive or distracting?! I saw the sheriffs response to an ask executive staff question and he basically said he doesn’t care....unless the member has full sleeves. What kinda shit is that?! One of our k9 guys gets posted on the S.O. FB Page with his full sleeve showing and it wasn’t a problem then. Not offended. Looks fine. Didn’t see ANY comments on it either. Deputies walking around with all kinds of tattoos showing and it’s allowed. This policy needs updating. Everybody we talk to now a days has tattoos!
    What's next full beards. Remember tattoos don't make you a tough guy.

Unregistered
    What's next full beards. Remember tattoos don't make you a tough guy.
    Who said anything about being a tough guy? My post point out the inconsistency of the policy. Go comment on one of mclynas’s posts. Troll.

Unregistered
    Believe it or not you sleeved up loser, there are people out here without tattoos. Just because you were raised in a trailer park and all your stripper girlfriends think you're cool that doesn't make it normal. I just love it when new people come here and because they don't like a policy they call it outdated.

Unregistered
    If you don't like the policy then find an agency that fits your lifestyle. You could also wait for an ND transfer and go with the tough guy starter kit (shaved head, chin strap and full sleeve.)

Unregistered
    Believe it or not you sleeved up loser, there are people out here without tattoos. Just because you were raised in a trailer park and all your stripper girlfriends think you're cool that doesn't make it normal. I just love it when new people come here and because they don't like a policy they call it outdated.
    Your mom wouldn’t let you have any huh?

Unregistered
    Who said anything about being a tough guy? My post point out the inconsistency of the policy. Go comment on one of mclynas’s posts. Troll.
    Is this a prelude to the fake IA and SAO investigation into the shooting on the beach. Just find him guilty already of endangering the public, call the DOJ and launch a fake civil rights violation. Getter done Bernie.

Unregistered

Well said. People wonder why the public has lost trust in law enforcement. We use to look clean cut and trust worthy. Now we can't tell the cops from the criminals!! Have some respect for yourself. I'm not saying you should not have tattoos just be smart about it!!

Unregistered
    "But but but so and so has tattoos!"

Should the policy be consistent? Absolutely. But don't whine about not getting opportunities because you have them. It should have been a consideration before hand!

Unregistered
    Just what we need more tattooed d-bags running around looking like an embarrassment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast