New cameras - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New cameras

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me ask you something Rookie, why would you want to have a Lt or a Captain out after 4pm or any time to come by your scene for?
    Live them where they belong, behind their desk, and let the Troopers take care business out in the road without being micromanaged.
    If you can't take care the scene on your own and feel the need of Lt or Captain to "help" you, then go ahead and put your application with the PD or the So that way you can feel more supervised.
    The County where I work, I see Lt's from SO come to the scenes to tell their Deputies what and how to do the job.
    One of the reasons I'm still here in the patrol, it's the freedom we have unlike the local agencies.
    How about they lead by example, not by day shift and e-mail! We are so short handed now that any warm body whatever rank helps! The FHP will never change! $80,000 plus to sit behind a desk on day shift!

Unregistered
    How about they lead by example, not by day shift and e-mail! We are so short handed now that any warm body whatever rank helps! The FHP will never change! $80,000 plus to sit behind a desk on day shift!
    yea pretty sure this guy isn't a rookie

Unregistered
    Stop putting in all those training requests, expecting to take leave, getting complaints from unhappy customers, speeding to those BS calls - you know, some of the stuff the admin people are working on when we go by the office.

Unregistered
    Since the camera install I haven't had consistent internet connection. I typically spend 5-6 hours of my shift with no internet. In addition to not having internet, my radio doesn't work the vast majority of my shift. I got no radio and no computer.

I'm no tech guy but the internet worked before this camera. This camera has killed my internet connection. I have called TAC so much I'm on a first name basis with most of them.

This is a legitimate safety issue!!!

Unregistered
    We never see a Lt or CAPT out after 4pm! Great leadership! Supervision via e-mail!
    It would be really nice if brass wasn't so far detached from reality. But I don't want them on my scenes.

They need to work some crashes, fill out the offense reports we have, and submit some evidence. Try being a trooper again.
    That way, they learn the trial and tribulations troopers are dealing with like no internet connection, upload issues, transmit issues, DL swipe that never works, having to drive all the way to station for something silly, etc.

Unregistered
    Let me ask you something Rookie, why would you want to have a Lt or a Captain out after 4pm or any time to come by your scene for?
    Live them where they belong, behind their desk, and let the Troopers take care business out in the road without being micromanaged.
    If you can't take care the scene on your own and feel the need of Lt or Captain to "help" you, then go ahead and put your application with the PD or the So that way you can feel more supervised.
    The County where I work, I see Lt's from SO come to the scenes to tell their Deputies what and how to do the job.
    One of the reasons I'm still here in the patrol, it's the freedom we have unlike the local agencies.
    Who would handle all the discipline, pursuit reports, late crash report list, send all the emails, schedule all the special details we keep going to? lol

FHP's management style and priorities are not the same as local agencies. The SO has a dedicated shift commander and their primary job is to monitor operations, go to calls, and make sure things are done right. They don't do much of anything else.

On the other hand, I think lieutenants or sergeants are usually assigned that for us. But they do a lot of other stuff too, so thats splitting their duties up. FHP has priorities set on emails, notifications, ilearns, late reports, image, filling out forms correctly, stuff like that. Not the same as the SO or PD.

Can you imagine how many cry babies in FHP would freak out if the Lt or Capt was on scene and started making sure they did things a certain way. Troopers would be so butt hurt, they would have this board on fire before leaving the scene.

If you want them out of the office just to look pretty, waste time, and make you feel secure - that's a different issue.

Unregistered
    Who would handle all the discipline, pursuit reports, late crash report list, send all the emails, schedule all the special details we keep going to? lol

FHP's management style and priorities are not the same as local agencies. The SO has a dedicated shift commander and their primary job is to monitor operations, go to calls, and make sure things are done right. They don't do much of anything else.

On the other hand, I think lieutenants or sergeants are usually assigned that for us. But they do a lot of other stuff too, so thats splitting their duties up. FHP has priorities set on emails, notifications, ilearns, late reports, image, filling out forms correctly, stuff like that. Not the same as the SO or PD.

Can you imagine how many cry babies in FHP would freak out if the Lt or Capt was on scene and started making sure they did things a certain way. Troopers would be so butt hurt, they would have this board on fire before leaving the scene.

If you want them out of the office just to look pretty, waste time, and make you feel secure - that's a different issue.
    I think the public deserves them to earn their money! High risk retirement, take home care for day shift weekends off and sit in an office all day! Our captain has a fireplace and big screen TV in his office! How about get out on the road and see first hand the issues the road troopers and sergeants are having?? Fhp is leaderless!

Unregistered
    I think the public deserves them to earn their money! High risk retirement, take home care for day shift weekends off and sit in an office all day! Our captain has a fireplace and big screen TV in his office! How about get out on the road and see first hand the issues the road troopers and sergeants are having?? Fhp is leaderless!

So should all these high-risk retirement positions. The agency can’t operate with only troopers.

https://www.dms.myflorida.com/workfo...isk_retirement

https://www.dms.myflorida.com/workfo...isk_retirement

When the Man comes on TV and says you got a raise or there’s a shooting at school, that TV might be helpful.

Unregistered
    I get tired of our own people expecting our admin people to work the road. It's not their job. Their job is to perform administrative functions that are required for US to do OUR jobs. Military officers rarely carry rifles because it is not their job to shoot. It's their job to direct their subordinates too shoot. And without their direction the strategic portion of the operation would be all messed up. I work in an area where our chain of command all jumps in and grabs calls for service and makes traffic stops. And that's great. BUT.....if I have an urgent administrative issue to deal with, do I really want my captain tied up on a crash or arrest? No. I want my captain to be available to do the things captains are needed for. The brass works mostly weekdays because that's when administrative functions are performed. In FHP. In local law enforcement. In federal law enforcement. And certainly in the private sector. Im pretty sure you won't see the CEO of Best Buy running a cash register on a Saturday. And that's because it's not the CEO's job.

Unregistered
    I get tired of our own people expecting our admin people to work the road. It's not their job. Their job is to perform administrative functions that are required for US to do OUR jobs. Military officers rarely carry rifles because it is not their job to shoot. It's their job to direct their subordinates too shoot. And without their direction the strategic portion of the operation would be all messed up. I work in an area where our chain of command all jumps in and grabs calls for service and makes traffic stops. And that's great. BUT.....if I have an urgent administrative issue to deal with, do I really want my captain tied up on a crash or arrest? No. I want my captain to be available to do the things captains are needed for. The brass works mostly weekdays because that's when administrative functions are performed. In FHP. In local law enforcement. In federal law enforcement. And certainly in the private sector. Im pretty sure you won't see the CEO of Best Buy running a cash register on a Saturday. And that's because it's not the CEO's job.
    Yea but the FHP doesn't even perform LEO work during the week!! $80,000 to look at videos, $38,000 to dodge cars on the interstate! On a rainy Saturday night!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast