New cameras - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New cameras

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not typically one to complain but these cameras are pretty bad. I'm still trying to upload video from 3-4 weeks ago. I'm a relatively active Trooper 10-15 traffic stops on average and the upload is not fast enough to keep up with me. I upload about 5 videos a day and create about 20. Eventually I'm going to run out of space.
    I agree with this. I'm 20 videos behind now and my recorder will eventually fill up and stops will not be getting recorded. They say download at home with your wifi. I'm not downloading squat when I am not 10-8. I'm told don't take a 10-8 to download at home so I'll keep doing it during shift until it fills up.

Unregistered

Working From Home Off the Clock

I agree with this. I'm 20 videos behind now and my recorder will eventually fill up and stops will not be getting recorded. They say download at home with your wifi. I'm not downloading squat when I am not 10-8. I'm told don't take a 10-8 to download at home so I'll keep doing it during shift until it fills up.
    Good for you. I wouldn't either.

Here's a lawyer article (with links to the US Department of Labor laws) explaining what people are entitled to when working from home or off clock (like even answering emails).

https://texastrial.foxrothschild.com...re-altogether/

Unregistered
    Guys do not stress about these new cameras. If they will not upload, too bad and if the drive becomes full so be it. GHQ chose these so it is on them, primarely the Colonel. Do not upload anything through your home wifi. You fork out your own money to pay for internet for you and your family, not for the state to get a free ride. If the system crashes so be it, it's still on them!

Unregistered
    I don't care, if it doesn't upload then that s not my fault. I'm sure not using my home Wi-Fi. Next thing you know, I be getting a subpoena for public records to see all my personal internet records, since I'm using it for work and I'm a public servant. No videos to upload, let the system crash

Unregistered
    I don't care, if it doesn't upload then that s not my fault. I'm sure not using my home Wi-Fi. Next thing you know, I be getting a subpoena for public records to see all my personal internet records, since I'm using it for work and I'm a public servant. No videos to upload, let the system crash
    Definitely. Either that or FHP would say you did something to the videos by using your home wifi.

Also heard that defense attorneys have subpoenaed troopers personal phone records if they thought calls were related to their case, like the trooper being on their phone at a crash scene (maybe talking about their client) or with a X15, and it was caught on camera or something.

Unregistered
    I tried Home WIFI, I tried station WIFI, and I have tried over the air card.. still downloading my very first video from back in May.. this is terrible..

Unregistered
    I tried Home WIFI, I tried station WIFI, and I have tried over the air card.. still downloading my very first video from back in May.. this is terrible..
    At least you can connect to the station WiFi. I ALWAYS have to go inside to dock.

Unregistered
    At least you can connect to the station WiFi. I ALWAYS have to go inside to dock.
    It will be funny when they talk to some young trooper about his very low productivity and he explains that he spends his whole shift trying to find decent wifi or upload files, he has no time to make his 2 an hour.

Unregistered
    Ok, so a trooper rolls through a stop sign chasing a murder suspect and receives discipline. Obviously, a member of the high ranking brass makes a dumb decision to purchase this camera system and we hear crickets! The brass take care of their own! Never wrong! How much is this going to coast to fix?? What a safety issue too! Great job from our so called leaders!

Unregistered
    Ok, so a trooper rolls through a stop sign chasing a murder suspect and receives discipline. Obviously, a member of the high ranking brass makes a dumb decision to purchase this camera system and we hear crickets! The brass take care of their own! Never wrong! How much is this going to coast to fix?? What a safety issue too! Great job from our so called leaders!
    One shouldn't use "leaders" and the "FHP" in the same sentence. The FHP doesn't have leaders. The FHP has professional test takers!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast