New cameras - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New cameras

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Eric Schmidt, the CEO of Google at the time, said "If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, but if you really need that kind of privacy, the reality is that search engines including Google do retain this information for some time, and it's important, for example that we are all subject in the United States to the Patriot Act. It is possible that that information could be made available to the authorities."

------
    From Wiki -> Snowdn: "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."
    I was being facetious. Maybe I should have watered it down for the scope of audience (Troopers). I was saying the same thing I'm sure some of you have said when trying to get consent to search a vehicle. My point was that you shouldn't care about whistleblowers unless you have something to hide. And I said it in a snarky way.

I DO have something to hide. My privacy and more importantly the privacy of any of my contacts.

Also, Duckduckgo plus a VPN and new instance of a virtual machine would get you quite anonymous.

The question is who are your adversaries and what are you doing? If you're planning a terrorist attack against the US, you have a near 100% chance your every move is being watched. No level of security will protect you. Not a single thing can be done. They will use backdoors and zero day exploits to get to you. You will get caught. Period. Thankfully I have nothing to do with that.

BUT If you're trying to keep FHP brass from finding a whistleblower, well you're in luck. They haven't even been able to figure out why they've been pissing on their balls since birth. I'm focusing on the threat of a whistleblower being exposed. I'm not even doing anything illegal (nor are the people I'm communicating with). So this level of security is fine. If FHP tried to use the PATRIOT Act on me I would be moist. I'd make sure that d-bag John Oliver did a whole segment on FHP and their mismanagement. Yum. I welcome it!

Unregistered
    Had this camera almost 2 months now and video from almost 2 months still needed to be uploaded. What's the fix here?

Unregistered
    Had this camera almost 2 months now and video from almost 2 months still needed to be uploaded. What's the fix here?
    Not sure, but there are already cases where no video was recorded because the storage was full. Maybe I'll send that info to the news.

Unregistered
    Not sure, but there are already cases where no video was recorded because the storage was full. Maybe I'll send that info to the news.
    Leave your camera running at every crash. Fill up the memory and let GHQ deal with this debacle. Then you don't have to worry about getting second guessed by a bunch of desk jockeys.

What a joke this system has turned out to be. Wheres the accountability?

Unregistered
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just forget it and do you thing. Not worth worrying. Once everyone's hard drive is full and they are no longer recording anything, they will declare an emergency and HAVE to address it. Until it's a crisis, they don't care. They assume you will fix it somehow.

Unregistered
    My camera has been full the past 2 months because simple traffic stops are 55 sections long and it takes almost an hour to upload a section. Don't forget useless footage of my car hitting bumps in the road which automatically activate the camera saying I've been involved in a crash. Also don't go through a toll plaza at anything over 5 miles per hour. It will kick on there too.

Unregistered
    My camera has been full the past 2 months because simple traffic stops are 55 sections long and it takes almost an hour to upload a section. Don't forget useless footage of my car hitting bumps in the road which automatically activate the camera saying I've been involved in a crash. Also don't go through a toll plaza at anything over 5 miles per hour. It will kick on there too.
    Why does it kick on in a toll plaza?

Unregistered
    Please have all your videos uploaded before the end of your shift.

Thank you

Unregistered
    I have been trying to upload the same video for almost two weeks for several hours a day. This system is a total failure. GHQ acts like everything is working perfectly.

Unregistered
    I'm having trouble uploading my videos. Anyone else having the same problem?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast